Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grinding up all your weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Johnny Hive X, Aug 29, 2010.

1. So I bought this tightvac container and was wondering how wise it would be to grind up all my bud at once and storing it in there so when i'm reading to roll i can just grab that and not worry about anything.

Is it bad to grind up and store weed for a little bit (no more than two weeks)?

On that same note - is it bad to roll like 3-4 joints at a time to take so when i'm out and about i already have it?

2. I always grind my weed. Mostly because when Im ready to smoke, I wont waste time with that. As long as it isnt for a unusually long time, it will be fine.

3. Yeah the quality will not be affected. It isn't as pretty to look at, but honestly who cares.

4. I'd only grind as much as you'll smoke in the next few days.

I found ground shit starts tasting like ass when stored in a plastic container like a tightvac. This doesn't happen with a glass mason jar in my experience.

Get a glass jar fuck that plastic shit.

5. I always grind it all up if it's seedy, so I can just get all the seeds out in one sitting so I
    don't have to deal with that shit multiple times. Otherwise, I grind it as needed.
    I've also rolled 5 grams into joints when I was at my cousin's house because it was an
    unsafe place to be getting out a bag of buds and doing all that, so I just sat in his closet
    with a roller one night when my aunt was asleep. I feel bad when I get some really good
    weed and have to grind it up in any amount. I just feel bad destroying something so
    beautiful until I smoke it, lol.

6. I only grind as much as I need for the time being, maybe alil extra for later and keep everything else as is. It helps keep me keep track.:smoke:

7. I've looked in to getting glass mason jars but the only ones I can find are in huge fucking cases of them and I don't need that many.

I just have such back and forth schedules I feel like if I grind it all up when I get it and roll out some joints and then put the rest in a jar for my bong or bowls it's just easier time wise when I'm wanting to smoke.

8. Check Michaels or your other craft store for kerrs jars or your goodwill!:wave:

9. #9 rocafella901, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2010
    Why the fuck cant i post a message in a ll kaps!!!???

10. I grind up my "daily gram" every morning and throw any leftover before bed into a glass jar. The jar goes into the fridge.

If I ever run out of my daily rations, I can dip into the bonus jar and stay stony without having to grind up the next day's gram early.

If it adds up to a full gram I get to push back seeing my supplier for a day.

11. crazy blades! When you grind you are breaking up the trichomes that are getting you high. Only grind what you are going to use immediately. You want the THC as fresh as possible :)

12. #12 SsmokeWeed, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2010
    I fully agree with Runningw235.

Go for it, my cousin buys an O of low mids for about 50 bucks and and grinds it all up and rolls bunches of joints and just smoked them like cigarettes throughout the day. It's an all day project and he listens to old vinyls while rolling.

13. I prefer grinding it up as i go. I think it tastes worse if you let it just sit ground up.

Edit: Totally don't mean that ganj tastes gross at all. let me rephrase, It tastes bad if you let it sit ground up.

14. i wouldnt grind up all your weed, grind up about half of it. I always like to have some sexy nugs to look at at

15. Thanks for the tip on michaels. I will check that out. I think I will try just grinding like half the weed and see if it tastes any different to me when I use up the last bit some time.

16. Grinding it all in advance will just speed up the degradation of the THC. If you must grind (I hate grinders, brute force approach) then grind just what you are about to use.