Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grinding stems for kief

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LearnedDoctor, Nov 2, 2011.

1. I get a markedly larger amount of kief from grinding stems opposed to bud. And yes its piff. Is this "kief" from ground stems of the same quality as kief only from bud?

2. keif is keif

3. make a little keif box for your stems

4. make iso hash. all you need is a 2 dollar bottle of iso.

5. Nah stems don't got jack thc, not the same at all.

6. the kief from stems has the same thc content of the kief on the bud. Kief is kief.

7. keif is keif, but what can fit through the grinder isnt all keif. if you grind straight stems vs straight nugs, you think the stem keif will be as pure?

8. you guys are mistaken, yes you do get a little bit of kief but most of the 'kief' from grinding stems is just small plant material, the rest is very little of the good stuff.
    grind up a whole bag of stems and smoke that kief
    grind up a whole bag of buds, and smoke that kief

you WILL see a difference.

9. its not even that they arent equal,
    its that the stems usually dont have a full trich head on them, and are sometimes just the stalks

10. X go to back of class! :)

Keif is a mixture of trichomes and finely ground plant matter, the plant matter does nothing. As stems contain zero trichomes then they increase in volume you see is from the extra plant matter NOT extra trichomes. Thus you are just bulking out your keif with pointless veg making the keif shitter in both potency and quality.

I put some keif under a 400x microscope and was pretty disspointed, dissapointed to the point I dont bother using a grinder with a keif catcher anymore.

11. Use the stems for green dragon !!!

12. Your smoking sticks dumass.

13. I wouldn't grind them a lot of that will be stem dust...just rub the outside on a screen

14. Either way, smoking the kief and plant material from stems is better than smoking the stems themselves. You could've done iso but whatever it worked.