Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grinding seeds and steams

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DizzelDel, Dec 28, 2010.

1. I always grind my pot before I smoke it as it seems to burn much more even if grounded up fine but I dont bother to pick all the seeds and steams out. Is this any sort of issue as far as my high goes or viewed as sloppy?

Thx!

2. There's an issue if you're smoking buds with seeds.

3. Harsh smokes, i.e., stems, are unpleasant. Popping seeds are unpleasant and alarming. Yeah, sloppy. Take your time with the herb, give it some effort and it'll be returned.

4. Eventually your grinder is going to wear down if you continue to grind up stems.

5. I always de-seed and re-plant, but I've never found any problems with stems:confused:. I don't even grind mah shit (but sometimes I give it a few chops with clean scissors in a cup).

6. that's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while...maybe if its a $10 grinder but a good reliable grinder won't have that problem.

7. yeah mines stainless steel and i picked it up for only 30 bucks lol! kief screen too!

8. Yeah I have a chromium crusher 4 piece for around the same.

9. Do crushed steams and seeds change or ruin my high or cause different effects being in the weed then if I sorted them out?

Thx!

10. da seedz and stems contain no thc. you are smoking wood and plant embryo, tastes like shit.

11. some people say smoking the stems and/or seeds can give you a headache while high. but you will still get high if it isnt only stems and seeds. i haven't smoked stems in a long time and never come across seeds so i wouldnt really know. i suggest picking them out, thats what i do.

happy toking :bongin:

12. actually stems do contain THC, thats why if you are going to make hash or edibles to save your clippings and stems!

13. When I had a low tolerance, I could get stoned off parachuting stems.

Now, they have no effect though.

14. could i ask what's parachuting

15. this^

16. Pull all that crap out! Save it if you want. I make butter and bake edibles :D

17. A parachute is also known as a lung. It's made out of a bottle. The top is where the bowl is screwed in. The bottom third is cut off, and a plastic bag is taped on and placed inside the bottle. A tape string can be taped to the bottom of the bag. The bowl is lit while the tape string is pulled. The bag fills with smoke as the bowl burns. Take the lid off, and inhale.

18. Stems taste nasty, and don't contain much THC in them, however trichomes still often form on the stem that do contain THC. Seeds don't burn well, can pop if you don't grind them, and can and will give you a crushing headache that will ruin your high. Pick the stuff out before grinding. Save the seeds for growing, and the stems for making edibles or hash.

I would suggest finding bud that doesn't contain any seeds and little stem if it's available however.

19. I heard stems kill your sperm but I'm assuming thats just another crazy stoner myth:p

20. Don't smoke seeds or stems.