Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grinding Bud

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by afatflatcat, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Do you lose any THC by grinding your bud as soon as you get it? I keep all of my weed inside an airtight glass jar.

2. Not that I know of. Unless you don't collect the kief afterward.

3. Keep your weed in nug form till you wanna smoke it.

4. na dogg it falls in the pollen catcher below the grinder...thats called kief! After awhile, you'll have a good amount of kief built up and its pretty much pure THC. Sprinkle it on your bowl and light up...prepare to be blown away

5. It will degrade faster if you grind it all first. Just grind what you need.

6. I use to grind my sack all at once, but I've found leavingit as mugs and grinding as you smoke conserves. As for Keif, I sprinkle a tiny bit on a bowl here and there, but I usually hit it when I'm dry.

7. #7 glazedKnuckles, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    No. It isn't.

8. Yeah it's more like 20-40% for the most part.

9. So, what are you doing when you grind the weed? I know it collects THC which gets you baked. My roomies and I smoke it when we had a lot collected. However, I may buy my own for my place. What does it take from the bowl you are about to pack? Also, what does it provide for the next one?

10. #10 Apple iJuice, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    You're breaking it down to a practical packable/rollable size. It doesn't collect THC but rather kief. It's more or less "weed dust" that comes off during grinding which is mostly trichomes and such. It takes nothing, if not adds to your bowl.

11. It doesn't take away any thc, some of the pollen falls off usually through a screen so you can use it...

If you didn't use a grinder, that pollen would stick to your hands and stuff rendering it unusable.