Grinding bud makes it taste weird

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by ownabear, Jun 11, 2012.

1. whenever i grind my bud for a joint, it tastes weird and it doesn't feel the same. I know that when i grind it it knocks off some of the crystals but this just makes me want to not smoke joints anymore (keep smoking with my trusty bubbler)

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. there isn't even a question.

• Agree Agree x 1

3. oh crap yeah, i meant to ask is there anything to do about that?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. What kind of cheap grinder are you using thats making it affect the taste?

5. You should just use scissors and a shot glass to cut up your bud lol.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Well i just picked up a $30 4 piece grinder online, i washed it a couple of time before i used it, and i didn't wash with soap because i thought it might do exactly what happened

7. ive never noticed my grinder effect the taste. and ive had grinders ranging from 10-75 dollars. there might be something on the teeth that is getting on the bud? other than this i really cant imagine why you would be experiencing this problem

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Maybe its because you don't have a decent grinder. Maybe the weed you are getting isn't any good. It can be a variety of things

9. Uh yeah

Attached Files:

10. Ive noticed that grinded up bud is harsher most of the time so maybe that is what you're tasting

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. well just dont grind it lol, i break it up by hand and never have a problem, never have a problem when my friend grinds it either though.

12. That's because when you grind it up it has more surface area so it ignites your bud more evenly and quickly, giving you thicker (harsher) smoke.

• Informative Informative x 2

13. I know what you mean. The reason it taste different is because when you grind your bud there is stems inside the bud which when burnt it taste bad. Best thing to do is break the bud up with your finger in to the grinder, trying to not include the stems.

• Winner Winner x 4
  14. #15 Ultramaxx, Jan 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    12 years old why bring this thread back ??
    Yeah those pesky stems never want to be ignored , hard to get them all out .
    what grinder is the OP using?? Any pics or brand

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. OP is a decade old man

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. i would every now n then use a grinder but i i found i just love the tradition break it apart or crunch it in. i love that

17. I HAVE ALWAYS WONDERED WHY MY GROUND UP WEED TASTES WORSE THAN ROASTING A NUG
    THANKS FOR THE INSIGHTS GUYS

DUDE
    YOU REALIZE THIS IS THE WHOLE INTERNET RIGHT? PEOPLE HAVE VIEWED THIS PAGE MULTIPLE THOUSANDS OF TIMES LOL.....

AND THEY WILL CONTINUE TO VIEW THIS INFORMATION AND FIND IT RELEVANT JUST AS I DID 5 MINUTES AGO BEFORE I SIGNED UP ON THIS SITE TO QUOTE AND RESPOND TO YOU POKING AT THE GUY FOR...... WHAT DID YOU CALL IT...."BRINGING BACK" NEWS FLASH IT NEVER WENT ANYWHERE

WELCOME TO THE INTERNET ULTRAMAX

• Like Like x 2
  18. As I did 6 minutes ago!!! I got a 45 dollar (Gears) Grinder a year ago in which I have determined that it grinds the weed down so much that it's too harsh! No now I pull the buds part, get rid of the stems, pack my flavored cone and its off to Wonderland!

19. Grinders just make it more easy, use scissors and avoid the problem.