Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

grinders

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sachidananda, Nov 29, 2012.

1. [quote name='"Zizzy"']it has a compartment at the bottom that collects and stores THC. You can build it up and have a blast smoke straight THC bowls or joints. THC is also great for topping bowls and joints[/quote]

Dude it's not pure THC, it's just kief from the bud

2. keif is mostly trichomes that fell off the bud, meaning it's mostly THC

OP: you can go two ways. get a relatively shitty 4pc grinder for not even $10 off amazon or whatever (i got mine for like $8 shipped). or get a nice wellmade grinder for like $20-30 which will last years.

to clear any confusion: grinding bud removes a sizable amount of trichomes. you get it all back as keif, but your bud is not going to be as potent as it otherwise would be. definitely a good investment though, makes bowls/joints/blunts smoke so much smoother and more even.

3. [quote name='"ddog7x"']

keif is mostly trichomes that fell off the bud, meaning it's mostly THC
    [/quote]
    Nowhere near pure THC still, if it was pure then one hit would get you belligerently high.

But we can just Agree to disagree then

4. nobody said it was pure THC. and what the hell are you talking about "belligerently" high? hostile high? that don't make sense.

and if you have a bowl of just keif you tend to get very fucked up. especially if you're not used to it.

5. [quote name='"ddog7x"']

nobody said it was pure THC. and what the hell are you talking about "belligerently" high? hostile high? that don't make sense.

and if you have a bowl of just keif you tend to get very fucked up. especially if you're not used to it.[/quote]

The first dude I quoted said it was pure THC. I was correcting him an then you added your comment.
    And belligerently high, idk why that sounds so weird, But I'm not gonna argue syntax with you.
    All I'm saying is IF kief was pure THC as the other guy stated, it would get you way more high than anything else. I was just trying to Inform man

6. don't feel like i'm attacking you bro, we just discussing. that dude said THC where he should have said keif, although he was probably just high and not thinking straight. but yeah, you're right, keif is not pure THC.

7. Scissors and a shot glass or a piece of paper (and then use a razor blade if you're so adamant about collecting every bit of keif)

8. ^ i used to use scissors and a shot glass, but you can't get the bud nearly as even or fine as you do with a grinder. it's a pain in the ass if you're trying to roll a joint without thick, wide papers. still better than using your fingers of course, although i would recommend getting a nice pair of stainless steel tweezers and using those to pick off small nugs.

9. Grinding your weed also helps you conserve.

Edit: why does it matter if its "pure" THC? it's not like if its 100% a little hit of it is going to knock you out. Depends on potency not purity.

10. Well I've been smoking to a long a time. About six months ago we bought a grinder. Best investment. Basically for the simple fact of the kief catcher, that usually is filled every 4-6 days. Then we roll a huge blunt and pack it with the kief. ;)

11. [quote name='"Fritter"']Grinding your weed also helps you conserve.

Edit: why does it matter if its "pure" THC? it's not like if its 100% a little hit of it is going to knock you out. Depends on potency not purity.[/quote]

Well it kinda does. Think about concentrates, they're upwards of 70% THC and one or two dabs can definitely knock you out

12. i like smoking weed.

13. Just acquired a grinder from a head shop in Memphis. Works like a charm and love that I can save up kief!

14. Space case all the way.

15. ?When I grind my weed there is no fall-through of the finer particle sized dust after I recover the "chopped up" weed from the first chamber. Does this mean that the weed don't have any Kiefs in it?

16. screen could be clogged. if you're using schwag or mids with few trichomes you'll barely get any keif. you also have to grind up a good amount. .2g isn't going to give you jack

17. grinder is worth it even if you don't care for kief. bowls burn much more efficient when the weed is grinded as well as joints ofcourse.

18. Can I have the kief you don't want?

19. Just un necessary shit to carry around and get caught with . . . unless you rollin thick dutchies of some brick you need not a grinder

20. Having a nice grinder blew my mind. Its a huge change. I used to used scissors and it was so shitty, and then with a grinder you can stick like 1g at a time and grind it up in like 2 turns.

its amazing.