Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grinders vs Scissors vs Hands..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GutteralShiva, Jan 28, 2011.

1. So apprentice blades, which do you prefer?

Personally unless I need a large amount ground up quick I choose scissors(with a shot-glass usually). The thing I don't like about grinders is sometimes I dont like my bud too fine, and(well if it has a catcher) it catches all the kief and If I had one I would want to wait until the bottom was full of kief to smoke it. Where as with scissors all the kief is there when I cut it and I dont loose any potency that I would If I used a grinder. I still want a nice grinder so I can save up kief if I want, and I go old school and use my hands if I'm burning when in a car.

So which is it? Please don't turn this into a flame-fest. To each their own.

2. I use my grinder pretty much all the time, even for paking bowls some times. I don't use any of those 3 chambered ones thought, I stick to my plastic one with shark's teeth, it works wonders and it's all I'll need.

3. I use a grinder every time so I collect kief and can smoke that shit when I have enough and get super blown.

4. Grinder usually unless Im too stoned to find it or I am rolling a blunt/joint and dont want it too finely broken up. I got my grinder in Costa Rica so its kinda special to me plus its a two faced skull so it looks fuckin awesome:hello:
    Never tried scissors but it does make sense you would loose less kief unless your grinder has a kief catcher.

5. Yea scissors are the best. I also use them in a tiny tea cup to cut up bud.

6. I never used a grinder, friends have and say they like it. I like breaking my bud up with my hands though, I love when my fingers are all sticky :smoke:

7. Grinders for joints, scissors for blunts, hands for bowls.

I use my hands for everything usually but those choices reflect how fine ground I like it for the corresponding piece.

8. completely agree.... gonna sound pretty lame but i guess it doesnt feel like real rolling to me if i dont actually break it myself

9. #9 IfeelGreat, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2011
    I love the process of grinding a nice crunchy bud. I've been strictly vaping recently so fine bud is a must. I use my grinder all the time no matter which ingest method. Collecting kief is wonderful because you can smoke a huge load of it and get even more ripped than any unground bud.
    Team Space Case :love:

10. i used to use my grinder with kief catcher all the time, but now i just cant be bothered.. its a lot easier to pull a fat tree out and just trim it with scissors over my bowl or papers..

11. Maybe it's just me but I feel like scissors are kind of a waste.
    The trichomes and sticky goodness gets all stuck and caked onto the metal scissor blade. Makes em less efficent and hard to cut.
    Grinder or hands for me!

12. If you have a grinder, then scissors would be pointless. I'd rather use my hands than scissors anyways.

I use a grinder to collect kief, plus I like the size of the ground up pieces. I use my hands when I don't have my grinder around, or if I only have a small nug left.

13. Grinder. Hands if i'm desperate.

Hate using scissors...hate it

14. i use my grinder for small batches 3gs or less anything bigger i use the coffee grinder
    and always have a small vial with 1g of ground up herb so no need 2 worry bout hands

15. i think grinders are just way to practical to not use them :p

16. I'm currently using the scissor shot glass method, but thats only until I decide to cough up the money for a grinder. I don't like to use my hands.

17. Grinder. I like to touch it as little as possible.

18. people still use their hands to bust up weed?
    this isnt the stone age, use a grinder!

19. I use scissors in a baby food jar... Gets the job done nice and quick. All of my friends either do that or use their hands, I still haven't found/used a grinder yet