Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grinders that collect kief

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by 420Poak, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Am I the only one that still uses a basic grinder that doesn't collect kief?

I mean I own a grinder that collects kief but I don't even use it.

Call me crazy but collecting kief in your grinder is basically taking away potency from the bowl you're currently packing. 

I love taking a 100% kief rip from the bong once in a while but besides that... 

Anyone else is like me? 

When it comes to grinders, I feel that ones that collect kief are good because when you grind it the pollen is going to come off no matter what. SO, it will either collect in the designated pollen catcher or will be stuck to the inside of your grinder in between all the spikes. I do agree that it takes away from the potency but in the long run I believe it is worth it. 

3. I like collecting kief for topping joints off but yes it does make sense it takes the potency away but still not enough to directly notice it so it seems..

4. Unless you wanna smoke a whole bud you're gonna lose potency. If you don't wanna lose as much potency on your next bowl use a 3 piece grinder and tape the kief it collects into the bowl. If you wanna be a macho man stoner use a 4 piece and have more fun with your bud.

5. No matter what you are going to lose potency. If you break it up with your fingers, or grind it, crystals are still going to fall off. The 4 piece grinder just catches those crystals, and for the small amount of crystals you lose from grinding a bowl, you wont even notice the difference.

6. yea thats probably true, but i reallly dont see how much less potent it can be, its moot argument in my eyes but hey if it works for you!

7. If you wouldn't want to see this at the bottom of your grinder then idk.. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389068600.815863.jpg

8. Been contemplating on one lately, wouldn't mind some so I can truly get fucked if I feel for it.

9. #9 medeski27, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
    I am a big fan of the classic acrylic grinders like these: [​IMG]

They're cheap and grind quickly and easily to a perfect consistency for vaping and joints.

I also have easy access to hash so I don't have that much need for kief...
    would maybe be different if I lived in a non-medical state

10. Yeah no1 grinders. In about my 8 years of smoking bud I think I'm on my 3rd and ordered my 4th off ebay the other day.Had others and they can never compare to grinding quality and I find they don't clog up like other grinders can.

11. For real. How long you been Savin that up? Looks like a couple oz have been run in that grinder

12. Haha yeah that was from a few monthes from not cleaning it. A good amount of weed had been through that grinder lol

It's all personal preference really, but a kief collecting grinder is hardly taking any potency from your smoke unless you're using the nickel/dime method to actually knock more kief off. 

If you're not doing that and not shaking it after you grind or anything, then the only difference is that the kief is falling into a separate compartment where it's easy to use rather than collecting in the crevices of your grinder. When you grind, a certain amount of trichomes are going to fall off anyway, a kief-collecting grinder just has an extra compartment for it to fall into. :confused_2: 

14. In other words start using the grinder with the kief catcher.

15. I own grinders of both varieties. I love my kief. If I have an icy looking nug and its a little crunchy, I sift that sucker. If its sticky, gooey and spongy, I'll use the single chamber grinder. It's all depending on mood and bud.

16. You're going to lose potency no matter what so I say keep doing what you do man if that's what makes you happy ,but IMO I recommend you get a grinder with a kief catcher because it's kinda like a savings account (except without the interest [I wish]) where after a few deposits you can always dip into your "savings" if you feel need be for those rainy budless days (we've all had one of those days).

17. [quote name="camtheman" post="19293975" timestamp="1389068605"]If you wouldn't want to see this at the bottom of your grinder then idk..[​IMG] ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389068600.815863.jpg[/quote]That's beautiful man. How long has that been collecting?

18. I like to collect kief. Either sprinkling it on top of a bowl or flavoring a j/blunt, mmmmmhhh delish.

19. Get a pollen box from amazon. It's like a stash box that collects keef

20. [quote name="volgelsong" post="19294790" timestamp="1389079753"]That's beautiful man. How long has that been collecting?[/quote]Was a good few months. I just dumped it in a little mason jar and building back up 😏