Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grinders man. Tell me about them.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by bittytoker, May 7, 2012.

1. howdy.
    Grinders have a simble action. But what does grinding actually DO.
    Don't you lose an awful lot of THC doing that?

2. No, you do not. Grinding your bud provides a larger surface area to burn in the bowl, it will smoke nicer. The expensive grinders collect kief :smoking:

3. THC trichromes/Crystals will sometimes fall to 3rd chamber of the grinder (Which is not a bad thing) Doing this over a long period of time will result in some "Happy ending Sh*t". Kief....mmm.....Makes me want to invest in a grinder:)

4. Ya lose more kief breaking buds down by hand.

For myself my grinder is not only a grinding implement, it also stores my buds for the next session, keeps a micro history of all the buds I smoke, and it makes a great object to bash aggressors with, titanium yeee!

5. First, you have a grinder

Take off the top, you have the teeth,
    where you put the chunks you want ground up.

After you put the top on, and twist it a couple
    times, unscrew the teeth, and you'll be left
    with product.

And if its killer, you'll have kief.

And this is what it looks like

Attached Files:

6. 10 bucks is expensive?

7. [quote name='"bluntisblunt"']

10 bucks is expensive?[/quote]

No for a kief catching one it's atleast 20

8. Man...I wish grinders were that cheap in the land down under...*sigh* 40 dollars for a 4 tier grinder*double-sigh*. 80 dollars for a nice-sized(palm size) grinder*sigh-sigh-cry*

9. [quote name='"CapnStorm"']Man...I wish grinders were that cheap in the land down under...*sigh* 40 dollars for a 4 tier grinder*double-sigh*. 80 dollars for a nice-sized(palm size) grinder*sigh-sigh-cry*[/quote]

I have a sharpstone grinder about 1.5" in diameter and that cost me $20 online.

edit: four piece

10. I don't have a third chamber grinder, only a metal one that has a magnet on it, really small, and a cheap wooden one that I bought from a hostel in the dam. Tend to use the wood one. When I'm on my last bit of bud I'd just slam it face down on a table and collect the kief that way with a piece of paper.

11. Oh, yes. Of course, everything is cheaper online but I was talking about store prices :)
    Also, could someone help me with this: I've been told that the smaller the grinder, the better i.e: finer grinds due to finer(smaller teeth)

12. not really, i paid 8 bucks for a metal kief catching grinder so smd

13. Yeah, but it's probably not a three stage grinder with the flat ended teeth.

14. my 4 piece crank with an amazing kief sifter cost me £20 from gcity, I love it and definitely recommend one.

15. pics so i know wtf youre talking about

16. Kobe4MVP420 posted pics of the exact type of grinder I'm talking about. Just scroll up.

Edit: It's on the first page now.

17. lol all im sayin is i got mine for 8 bucks, and it work(ed) perfectly fine.

it even had a one hitter on the inside of the top.

18. [quote name='"Kobe4MVP420"']First, you have a grinder

Take off the top, you have the teeth,
    where you put the chunks you want ground up.

After you put the top on, and twist it a couple
    times, unscrew the teeth, and you'll be left
    with product.

And if its killer, you'll have kief.

And this is what it looks like[/quote]

I have the same grinder, dawg

19. Sadly, I don't have a kief catching grinder, but I need to invest in one soon. My grinder was about $5 from my local smoke shop, it's metal and is somewhat magnetic.
    It gets the job done and it doesn't seem to steal away my high.

20. A friend of mine that I smoke with occasionally gave me a grinder for Christmas last year (lol), and I was still kind of new, so I was like wtf is this? The sticker on it says it's worth $29.99, but I'm not sure what he actually paid for it, lol. Haha, I still don't use it that often, but seeing all these recent threads about them makes me want to use it more often. It's nice, has a screen, etc. I haven't used it enough to build up any kief, but I have a feeling that will change soon...