Grinders...does It Really Matter?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by MidnightPuff, Jul 16, 2014.

1. I was just about to amazon search grinders and buy the first thing that came up. After doing a bit of searching, it seems like choosing a grinder is WAY more complicated than I thought it would be. Apparently, some leech plastic and aluminum into the bud and are thus very bad for you health. Can anyone just recommend a relatively affordable grinder that won't fuck my health up in any way. 

2. use your fingers or a pair of scissors.

3. I use a 48mm aerospace grinder, and I dig it. Diamond grind is also a good brand.
    But I think the best thing to get would be one of those coffee grinders.

4. any good metal grinder w/ diamond shape teeth are good.

but it doesn't really make a difference whether you even use one or not.

they are really convenient for rolling mass amounts of joints though..

5. only thing it really affects is the heating part, if you don't grind or break up a nug at all and you torch it, you won't be able to light the entire bowl at once. you will have to keep smoking blackened bud and most people don't care for that

so I grind it and since the surface area is so much bigger the entire bowl lights up instantly and I get that fat cloud :bongin:

6. #6 enjoyandlive, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
    i got a really cheap $6 one off amazon (4piece grinder), completely safe , it's not complicated you're being paranoid

also with a grinder you can store a bunch of kief and if you don't want that you're crazy :smoke:

not sure if this is driving money from gc but heres where i got it

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0023X32MA

7. Yea, in addition to the things mentioned, grinder fluffs up my bud making it real easy to roll perfect joints, gives it a bit of a spongey resistance and settles evenly in the paper. If I break it up by hand it's still chunky and gets resin all over everything. Grinder > scissors > fingers.

That being said, I personally like spacecase but there are other good brands.

8. Get a 4 piece grinder from Santa Cruz Shredders, Space Case, or Sharpstone. You won't regret it.

It helps grind bud so you can get nicer hits from pipes/bowls. It drastically changes the quality of your vaping sessions if that is your thing. It also makes rolling a ton easier as the weed can be easily put even throughout the joint/spliff/blunt and gives a more even burn.

The big thing is that it is a kief collecting MACHINE. Everyone could use a grinder but buying one is only if you get bud on the regular. This means that anyone near you who wants to pack will utilize your grinder if they are without one and you are getting kief from weed you didn't even buy. 

9. I think metal grinders are a must. Used to use a plastic one but it never really grinded as fine as I wanted.