Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

grinder+weed = less potent weed?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Kushnutt, Mar 25, 2010.

1. I'm baked as you can tell but while grinding my herb for the glass blunt i thought of something. Wouldnt grinding weed cause the keif to fall off the herb? Is the grounded herb weaker? or am i just paranoid?? :smoking:

2. Dunno for sure but think about when you break it up, you are getting keif on your fingers. So what is the difference in grinding it?

3. Some grinders have kief catchers in them so you dont lose anything

4. The way i always though of it is that the kief catcher saves he stuff that would usually stick to your fingers and the surface you break it up on.

5. ok granted but you are not emptieing it out on the weed when you are done. so for that smoke session u just grinded for you lost some (probably not alot) kief that coulda topped your high off... here is what i have tried right now. been smokin for 2 years daily (all day long) and no t-breaks, so i am constantly on the search for stronger weed.

I took a nice small budd and stuffed it in the glass blunt and packed it. I put it in whole. Now i think i need someone to try this too because i just got nicely buzzed off of like 2-3 hits. Is it just me?

6. Yes, some of the trichomes will fall off into the grinder. However, unless you're doing something retarded like washing your grinder out after each time you use it, it stays in there, and some of it will get stuck on the next nug you grind up. So, you get all the trichomes in the end anyway. If you're worried about it sticking to your fingers just use a piece of glossy paper to dump the ground up bud on, then use that to funnel it into your bowl.

7. Like someone else stated - some of the kief is either going to end up on your fingers/the surface your breaking up on, or the grinders collection tray. I figure, with a grinder, I get to keep the kief (see my recent post about why I love my grinder) PLUS the herb is optimally broken up to expose the max. surface area an minimize waste/excess burn.

8. i dont like to use grinders because i feel like it usually ends up being even more broken up than i want it if you know what i mean. but i use a tray that i stole from a hotel to break my weed up and roll on. its just a tray with raised edges so i never lose anything. but when i break up my weed i try to make sure i get all of the keif off my hands and fingers into whatever im smoking. if you use a decent size stash jar its builds up a nice coat of keif all over the inside. take it all out and put it in a bowl and it gets you stoned quick. sorry, that was off topic. im stoned.

9. Ya, i need a jar. getting the kief outa the grinder is annoying. It sticks to the corner of the catcher. Does this happen to you guys or is my grinder a pos?

10. just gotta find the right tool to scrape it outta there

11. If you have a keif catcher in your grinder than this isn't really a problem. Also, I find that if you keif it (putting a coin in the grinder and shaking it gently), then yeah, you're knocking a lot of the crystals off and smoking that will be less potent than the herb. If you just grind it, yeah, some falls off but idk if I'd go so far as to say it's less potent. Plus, keif bowl=extreme highness.

12. i just take a small bud and pop it in the bowl usually