Grinder VS Fingers?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by secool, Apr 12, 2010.

1. When you get some bud do you use a grinder or break it up with your fingers? I've been using my fingers here lately because I think using a grinder gets rid of to much kief, which in turn does not get you as high? Which do you prefer guys? and is my theory about the grinder just stupid or does it make since?

2. Your theory is completely wrong, that kief is what will fall off when you break it up with your fingers but instead of falling away and being wasted it is caught and saved for later.

3. Do your fingers get sticky and smell when breaking up your bud. That is the trichs sticking to your skin, and they are lost forever.

But, when you use a grinder, you can retrieve those trichs.

4. Grinders are so crucial. A grinder will catch all the crystals that fall off you bud; while using your hands to break up your bud will cause you to lose some THC (I dont think a real significant amount, but you still lose some).

5. Grinder For The Win:smoking:

6. LOL. yep- grinder. and get yourself a good one too :)

7. Grinder, grinder, grinder.

Grinder.

8. Truer words, have never been spoken...:smoking:

9. I started off with my fingers, then just recently (bout a year ago) I got my first grinder. I love this shit.

10. grider all the way! i actually havent someked any of my kief and i got my grinder about 2 months ago and i just opened up the catch the other and man i got a lot of luvin in there! lol i think i have smoked like an ounce using the grinder. granted i got a smaller grinder. it looks identical to what i see alot of people on here with. it works for me.

11. Unless you break up the buds right over your bowl. All the kief falls right into the bowl and you waste nothing :cool:

12. #12 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Apr 12, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
    No the oils on your skin absorb trichomes.
    Like lwien said, a grinder can collect them as keif when otherwise they would be lost to your skin.

13. Not all. All you need to do is smell your fingers to give you a clue as to how much you're losing. If you have really dank weed, and you break it up with your fingers, your fingers are going to be sticky and smelly, and THAT is just lost trichs.

14. your skin is a trich magnet......

15. LOL !! :D GREAT play on words.

16. you can get a grinder for less than 20$ i dont know why everybody doesnt have one. cheap easy and awsome. best investment i have made soo far. i dont think there is any other way to describe it, grinder all the way!:bongin:

17. I have a 3" CC and I use it to bust up my nugs and what doesn't fall through the holes, I break up by hand instead of grinding away until they finally get broken up.

18. Grinders (and scissors) ftw

19. :p I remember reading it somewhere and i'll never forget it.

20. My Wikka box catches way more kief than my grinder ever did.