[Grinder Review] (SLX V2.5 Non-Stick grinder) Mitten Medical Gaming written review.

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Xelriek, Nov 15, 2021.

1. #1 Xelriek, Nov 15, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
    When it comes to cannabis and the plethora of accessories, glass, and other gadgets I've tried them all for the most part, I've had experience with many grinders, both name brand's and knock offs. Spacecase, Chromium Crusher, the Phoenician Grinder, etc, some Amazon grinders and misc ones I've found at head shops, the list goes on.

I have had my share of issues with all of those grinders, and those issues led me to the SLX Grinder. When it comes to grinders there are 6 main categories I rank them at, in no particular order.

I do not rank 2, 3, and 4 piece grinders in the same category, they perform different tasks.

1. Overall design such as size, shape, weight and teeth shape. (portability, pocket? backpack? purse? ect?)
    2. Lid magnet strength
    3. Grind consistency
    4. Pollen screen effectiveness
    5. Grind to lighter time. (The amount of time that is required to grind, pack, and smoke)
    6. *Bonus* Special feature (What makes this grinder stand out from the others)
    1. In terms of design, from the outside it appears to be a generously deep 3 piece grinder, but it's only deceiving you, because there is a removable pollen screen that doubles as your 3rd piece, if you wished though, you could remove the pollen screen and just use it as a 3 piece. I prefer this to a separate compartment, one less thing I have to unscrew the better. My Spacecase pollen tray froze up and eventually wouldn't open, even though I had done a thorough cleaning days prior, the pollen screen also had a hole in it from light use, probably a factory defect. That experience left a bitter taste and I have since looked into other designs, threadless was what I was looking for so I got the Phoenician grinder, which is a fantastic grinder but was tall and large and didn't suit my everyday needs, in other words it doesn't fit in my pocket very well.

The SLX grinder is slim and compact and is actually slightly shorter than the chromium crusher at 1.45 inches tall, the teeth designs on the SLX are more of a thin trapezoidal shape, and are quite long, almost extending entirely to the floor of the grinding chamber, but are measured just perfectly so they do not make contact with other teeth or the floor. A more typical teeth shape would be thin diamonds or blades.

The SLX weighs in at 161 grams making it significantly lighter than the Chromium crusher which weighs in at 239 grams, the Phoenician weighs in at 254 grams and I was unable to weigh Cali Crusher
    [4.2/5]

2. Magnet strength is the big one people forget to think about when buying a grinder, if your lid doesn't stay on tightly then you might be leaking herb everywhere if it's in your pocket, purse or backpack. So I like to be sure my magnet is strong enough for mildly rough treatment.

The SLX magnet is a tad disappointing, it can only handle a small yet tense jolt upside down, only being beat by the chromium crusher by a little which required a tad bit more force to dislodge the lid, the Phoenician beat both of these and the Cali Crusher did a tiny bit better than the Phoenician. [2.8/5]

3. The grind consistency is perfect for bong bowls and pipes, super fluffy with lots of trichomes still attached to the herb, I'm not looking for my weed to be cut, that does too much to the structure of the herb, the trapezoidal shape of the teeth helps to pull the weed apart instead of grinding it into a fine powder. There are, just like with every grinder some larger pieces, but it's just too few and far between to actually affect the performance or consistency of the grinder.

The hole shape for the grinding chamber is different than other grinders, there are 3 rows of holes, the inner holes are large and oval shaped, the middle row are small circular holes, and the outer row are circular in shape and are slightly larger than the middle row. [4.4/5]

4. This actually pleasantly surprised me, I was positive that the pollen screen on the SLX was going to suck ass, but it didn't, in fact it's leaps and bounds above the others, the Cali Crusher just like the Chromium Crusher let too much plant material through, and the Phoenician performed about the same as the SLX. My only issue with the pollen screen is minor, it isn't an ultra snug fit into the bottom, it's a tiny bit loose, allowing a small amount of kief to build up along the sides, this is not a big issue and will clean up easily with your finger, the nonstick coating aids in clean up significantly. [4.8/5]

5. From the time I open the lid of the grinder to put the herb in, until the time I am able to take a hit, was 47.27 seconds, much better than the Chromium crusher, which came in at 78.42 seconds roughly 1 minute an 18 seconds the Cali Crusher at 43.03 seconds and the Phoenician beat all of these at 36.51 seconds. [4.0/5]

6. Bonus features on grinders are what make selling points for new companies and sometimes old companies, and often they're a gimmick to increase sales. An example of this are some of the electric grinders or the mill grinders which squeeze tf outta yer weed.

I was sure the nonstick ceramic coating was a gimmick to increase sales, but I am pleasantly surprised to say that after grinding and smoking a half ounce of very sticky cannabis with the SLX Grinder, it has remained mostly clean and even after washings it remains non stick. [5/5]

[NEVER USE ANYTHING OTHER THAN ISOPROPYL ALCHOHOL TO CLEAN YOUR GRINDERS]

My overall rating is a solid 4.0, if the magnet was stronger I'd give it a 4.5, but due to the strength of the magnet I have to dock a half point. This is a very good grinder, and you should absolutely buy one.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1

2. Hey thanks, man, I'll be sure to check it out and get back to you when I get one.

Also, if you ever decide to get an SLX V2.5 be sure to buy only from verified sellers or the actual web site https://shopslx.com/

3. Honestly, as I am not interested in the mendo mulcher, or the cali crusher I could see SLX being my next grinder.

What is it that makes SLX superior over Space Case to you?

The only grinder that I had purchased over hype and reputation was SCS and that is only because I bumped into it randomly, I had always felt most highly priced grinders shouldn't be nearly the price they are listed for. Not including the space case cause I had never ever heard a legitimate buyer complain or dislike space case, it is literally the only grinder that has technically no cons other than price which isn't fair to list as a con because someone doesn't need a grinder bad enough to drop as much money, I will say the dude who said his space case got stripped is only person I have ever seen negatively comment on sc

4. Well for one, the nonstick helps with residue build-up but you should still be cleaning it. Don't freeze or boil it or use hot water it may destroy the ceramic coating. But it comes super clean anyway so freezing it is kinda not necessary.

The herb tray is not attached to the grinder by threads, it's an insert, making operation super easy just open the grinder facing upright. there are things you'll have to change about how you use grinders once you have an SLX but they are super nice grinders overall.

The only bonus the Space Case has is that it's ultra lightweight. Mine dented like a mf and jammed up, part of me wonders if it was a fake but that was 3 years ago.

Also, a real medium sized Space Case is $120 while the SLX is half that.

5. Yea, I was only considering getting space case until I saw that they for some reason decided to still not include a warranty. I can see the next couple years so many new grinders being produced that Space Cases reputation can no longer justify their price only because of prestige, Variety as it usally does in the long run, proves again superiroity never lasts. As we as humans are made to evolve requring change.Why they thought this change was the move to make I have no idea.

6. As long as you treat your grinder nicely and don't abuse tf out of it, it should last for a long time. Just be sure to clean it every 2ish ounces, isopropyl, and a toothbrush.

8. I've tried over 30 grinders, the SLX V2.5 bar NONE. (so far)

6 months later