Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grinder Problems

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Shredin0id, Nov 1, 2013.

1. So a couple of days ago I got a new grinder, but I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or if it's a bad grinder. Basicly, after grinding the weed, I see kief in the top chamber where the grinding takes place and a little bit of weed. I thought that a good grinder would have no weed in it. Also, in the kief catcher, there's kief, but not really much, like very tiny sprinkles scattered across it. Problem is that with my scooper, alot of my kief will stick to it, so it's almost impossible to put it on top of a bowl. Is this a bad grinder and what are some good methods to collect kief? Also, can I store kief at the bottom of the grinder until it gets full?

2. you gotta let your keif build up for a while. i use a old sim card to scoop up the keif and put it on my bowls. it does take a while to have enough and once you do it tends to go fast

3. grinders aren't used for collecting just kief, but to grind your bud to save you the hassle of breaking it up. Grinders aren't the way to extract the kief. The bottom chamber will fill up with kief after repeatedly using your grinder for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Put a coin in it! It slides around the screen in the upper part and helps push the kief in the catcher. It won't miraculously improve kief output, but it'll help a bit. Like, a wee wee bit, haha.

5. If you're not collecting much kief, that means you're probably smoking it with your actual weed. A lot of people would see that as a good thing.