Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grinder or fingers?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by HypnotykTripz, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Idk about all of you but I have this spiritual feeling when I handle my bud by hand. I feel more of a connection I guess? lol I do find using grinders more convenient and it doesn't cook my weed as fast but something about doing it by hand makes me happy. Plus I like to smell the dank on my hand after I have smoked it. I like the sticky fingers :D

Anyone else?

2. Can I help you?

3. Grinders, if I wanted to waste kief or my quality/ steal it an least keep it/save it up id use a grinder hands down Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. i'm currently using a knife, cause my grinder is fucked. i'm going to buy a new one soon, but a knife works wonders

5. Fingers. Cheaper, and the more you do it by hand, the better each time.

Grinder...
    But scissors in a small shot glass does a fine job.

7. I have these scissors, the curved tip is usefull because it doesn't flick herbs around when you cut like regular scissors.

They are precision medical scissors, and I love them.I never use grinders because this method is my favorite for preserving the herbs as much as possible before I smoke them.

[​IMG]

8. Grinder then fingers in order to get all those little bits of stem & junk out of the smoke.

9. I used those on some shitty regs and it worked wonders! 

10. I agree with the bud keeping more thc using a grinder and it's evenly spread out. I just like my fingers c: 

11. scissors if its a bit moist and fingers if its dry enough

12. Grinders for the win, I have like 9 now I think, mostly broken and novelty though Beer Before Budz, Stuck in the muds ButBudz Before beerYour in the clear!

13. Magic bullet when I'm at home, fingers when I'm not. I always lose my grinders so I stopped getting them a while ago. My weed is also never so wet I have to use a grinder.

I personally dont care about "wasting" a bit of kief either, life's too short to stress about that.

14. #15 HighFoSho, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
     In my experiences, grinders sucked. It seems like if the weed was any good (and sticky) whatsoever, it would get so stuck into the grinding teeth, that after much work, you might get 90% out of it :(

Fingers... in a pinch ! Ha ! :)

But seriously, scissors FTW. Nice, sharp little scissors, or like the surgical one shown above, are that much better. I use a pair of $150 hair cutting shears... (free for me) because, 1) I don't plan to cut anybody elses hair, and 2) I'm bald :)

edit; Maybe I just always ended up with a shitty grinder ? Surely there must be some sleek, polished thing somewhere, that will give you back all of your weed ?

15. Plastic grinders only!Sent from my GT-I9300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I've got wooden / Aluminium and plastic grinders. I never tried the plastic, but the wooden one SUCKS. The Aluminium gets the job done but there's lots of resin that gets stuck in there and it's a shame because it so hard to take out and almost impossible. I also like the fact I have the screen in the grinder, gives me a nice amount of keif for every 20 grams of weed.

17. Those are the shit. Hemostats can make excellent roach clips, too ;)

I got a nice little grinder with a screen for kief catching now though. I dig it.

18. what if there was a grinder with little fingers in it

19. #20 kush70, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    it depends on my mood - sometimes grinder, sometimes fingers sometimes scissors..

also depends on how sticky the weed is...

I have a solid aluminum piranha grinder for several years now with no troubles...

as far as wood and plastic grinders go..would never ever use them