Grinder Issue

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by onions, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Ive had a 3 piece (well techncially 4 piece but my friend lost the fucking kief screen) grinder for a while and it's worked great but last night i lent it to my sister and the magnet that holds the top on has reversed polarity or something. now it pushes the top away. the grinder still works except its just annoying cause it doesn't stay shut. anyone have any suggestions as to how i can either reverse the magnet's pull or take out the magnet and put it back in?:

2. sounds like you need to invest in a new one

3. black magiccccccccccc! :confused:

4. That sounds really weird, never even heard of that happening. I hope you´re able to fix it soon. Best of luck

5. Just get a new one..

6. Ask her what the F she did to it! Maybe one of the magnets fell out and she put it back in backwards?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

7. thats what im thinkin but its probably time for a space case or a cromium crusher

8. You will probably have to get a new one...

I have an idea on what could have happened (Finally my welding and metallurgy skills come in handy on GC!) Every piece of steel (except aluminum) has little magnatized pieces of itself. And that's why magnets stick to steel. But if you were to use the negative end of another magnet (the side that pushes the magnet away) it sometimes could reverse the magnetism of the steel. And since that magnet is imbedded into the grinder, it could have reversed it polarity as well.

Just a theory

9. your best shot would be to reverse the polarity, maybe an electro magnet?

10. [​IMG]

haha but seriously, i'd get a new one if i were you bro

11. do you have a gas stove? heated one of the magnets for like 5 minutes touching the flame. demagnetized. no magnet is better than a grinder that won't close

12. it sounds like the domains in the magnets switched direction. Every magnet is made up of little magnets, called domains, that all face the same way (making it magnetised) and if there not then youve just got a piece of metal. Somehow, someway, she managed to fuck it up. I guess turn the magnet around and if that doesnt work fuck all of that ^^ and get a new one

13. nah^^.....the thing i said about the stove is easy as shit.

14. Solar flare...

15. Try to see if you can balance the lid just right so that it levitates off the grinder and take a pic of it. That would be bad ass!

16. That Happened to mine. I just took the magnet out because it was backwards..x)

17. Thats really weird.. haha

18. I have never broken a grinder or had this happen to me lol. I think you should just invest in a new grinder, honestly even a cheap 4peice of ebay is what i am currently using, i think i paid anywhere from like 10-15$ for it and guess what. It may not be any spacecase, but this thing grinds great, the screen is nice and tight, and i havent given it one complaint yet and is the best 10$ i have spent with cannabis related products honestly. I spent my time searching for which one on ebay and choose the one that looked best, if you are to buy a cheap one, dont get the first one you see, grab all the one you see for your price range and compare them.

19. I just tried lighting the magnet with my lighter a few times and touching it with another magnet. It actually came out very easy and I am still able to use the magnet afterwards. I was stoned and bored but o just fixed a problem that I've had for like a month now lmao!

20. Came off on her n put it on upside down

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk