Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grinder iso hash question

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Mikesu58, Apr 4, 2013.

1. so I've never cleaned my grinder & it looks like the screen is half blocked kief, and there's also just kief everywhere in the grinder lol, on the walls of bud chamber, grinding chamber, even on the steel-thread screw on part, mad kief all over this shit . so if I wanted to clean this & make some Iso hash what would be the simplest / most efficent way . Also what tools would I need?

2. Iso, evaporating pan.

3. put it in a ziplock bag cover it all the way. one piece at a time. shake it and let it soak for a lil bit take it out set it on a paper towel and do the next piece... poor out the ISO on to a plate and let evaporate for 24hrs use a fan next to it to speed up the evaporation

4. where can I buy some iso and how much is it

5. So I went ahead and decided im gonna try to make iso hash by cleaning my grinder, I dunked each piece in a bag & swished it around for like a minute. By the end I had a green tinted alcohol. I then poured it into a glass bowl *spilled a little but it's my first time ohwell Lol* but here's where i'm at now. How long do you think it will take to evaporate and am I going about it right?

Attached Files:

6. Thats an excessive amount of ISO to be used, also you put it in a bowl, its going to take awhile for all that to evaporate. I would recommend using a pyrex glass dish for all that iso to be spread out.

But next time your only supposed to use enough ISO to cover each one of your grinder pieces, thats all you need to be efficient. Using more ISO wont give you more hash, its only going to take that much longer for you to get a final product.

7. you're doin it right. Once it dries it would be alot easier to scrape out of a flat pan like a pyrex dish as suggested.

8. The final product of cleaning my grinder, How's it look ?

Attached Files:

9. Looks good. How long did your purge it for?!

Should've been 24hrs because of your excessive iso

10. what do you mean

11. He means how long did you let the product sit and evaporate.

He's saying over 24 hours would be best considering the amount of isopropyl alcohol you used.

However, you would smell and be able to feel/see if any iso was left.

12. What % of alcohol did you buy? 90% ? 99?

Looks good! Try dabbing it. You get so lifted, concentrated goodness.

13. I let it sit for a few hours with a fan on it, then I cooked it on a pan of boiling water.