Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

grinder in the freezer

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jamesy C, Aug 5, 2012.

1. A friend told me to put my grinder in the freezer when I'm running on my last bit of weed for an extra smoke.

I've two grinders in at the minute, an old plastic basic grinder (that grinded better than most grinders I've bought throughout the years) that has a lot of kief stuck to it. tapping it won't set it free. another grinder is a plastic 4 piece grinder. 5g of weed grinded and a thick coat of kief in the tray.

Anyone had any success with freezing it to get stuck kief off, for say, half an hour? will it destroy it?

2. If your going for more kief, put a quarter in the freezer and put it in your grinder and shake the shit out of it.

3. junk the plastic piece of shit !

i would be suprised if it doesn't break after taking it out of the freezer and beating on it..

4. I wonder if it has to do with the contraction and expansion of the item in the freezer. If its plastic I can't see much of a difference, but I can sort of understand why it would work with a metal grinder with a kief screen.

5. Yes, it works quite well. If you use a nickel you will also get a little bigger yield.

6. Freeze your grinders and some Iso overnight, then do a quick wash for some easy hash.

Freezing the grinders and the solvent should prevent any of the plastic from leeching into your hash, if such reaction even take place.