Grinder in the freezer experament

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Qwiso4life, May 27, 2016.

1. Alright guys, we have all herd if you put your grinder and weed in the freezer and then shake it up their is a lot more kief. Well I emptied my kied on a bowl and then took my clean grinder and put about a bowl pack in it with a penny in it and I froze it for 15 mins and here are the results[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. He's wondering why you want to rob Peter to pay Paul.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kief had a lot of convient used that bud dosen't

4. All you did was just make that weed less potent. Congrats you're a visionary.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I see. You might look into getting a kief shaker thing. They are much more effective than a little grinder.

6. Your talking about a kief box, they are wicked effective, I'm not personally trying to get a bunch of kief I thought id just see the yeilds

7. Putting weed the freezer causes the trichomes to become brittle and fall off. Don't do it. I can't imagine it would be good to do with your kief either.

8. Why would it be bad?

9. Well I don't see the benefit, you're probably just risking a loss in potency without anything to gain from it. The reason why you "get more kief" is because of my reason earlier. You're simply knocking off the trichomes. You're making the bud less potent. I guess you might get kief quicker though so if you prefer kief over bud I guess it's fine.

10. Wait how is putting an empty grinder in the freezer going to make his bud less potent? Confused :bongin:

11. It wasn't empty he even showed a pic. In the scenario that you do put an empty grinder in a freezer it wouldn't though. Although it would quite literally be pointless

Sent from my SM-N910V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. The pictured he showed was of the kief that was in his grinder after taking it out of the freezer and shaking it. I've hear of this being done, putting a seemingly kiefless grinder into the freezer for about 15 minutes and then taking it out, shaking it and... viola. It's not like he is grinding up a bunch of herb and then putting it in the freezer, that would be downright stupid.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ok nevermind I guess it's good if u just want kief but the bud u used to get the kief (in the grinder) won't be as strong after is all I'm saying

14. I do this to get the kief unstuck from my grinder, doesnt need to be any bud in there, just freeze it and hit it with a blunt object and all the kief will fall off.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I did this once. I put a half o of medical in the freezer before I went to bed because I was stoned, I didn't realize what I was doing. When I woke up I noticed the weed in the freezer and the poor weed was brittle and hard :( Also the trichomes dun got diddly do daw goofed and fell off. Thus I discovered a great way to harvest kief and a great way to destroy most potency in your bud.

• Like Like x 1