Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grinder help?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dickies94, Nov 17, 2012.

1. So i bought a new grinder and it has a metal screen thing and not sure what it is for?

Also read though the threads and people keep mentioning about bowls what are they?
    heres a picture

Attached Files:

2. the screen catch the bud.
    but it allows the kief to fall through.

after a decent amount of bud youll have a nice kief layer in the very bottom compartment.
    which you can sprinkle ontop of a bowl...
    youre gonna love it.

enjoy.

3. Hey. The screen on your grinder is meant there so that trichomes (those wonderful little "crystals" on your buds) can fall through be collected over many grinds. After a while you'll have a decent amount of these trichomes which are colloquially known as "kief". This kief is almost purely cannabinoids (the chemical compounds in cannabis that result in it's characteristic effects) and may be smoked or vaporized to give a much more pronounced effect from much less material.

A bowl is another colloquial term that is used to refer to a filled pipe, bong, or other smoking apparatus. In essence, it's a common "serving size" of cannabis. The size of the bowl depends on the piece (a term used to refer to a device used to consume cannabis, like a pipe or a vaporizor). Generally a bowl can range from .15g to .3g with larger pieces getting even larger, sometimes multiple grams.

In addition, the word "bowl" can also be used to refer to the indentation in a pipe where the material to be smoked goes or the piece of a bong that holds the material and may be pulled in and out. The latter is also known as a "slide".

Hope I've helped and I hope you're enjoying the Grasscity forums.

4. Someones a troll....

5. i had the same question when i first started smoking weed you gotta remember that when people first start they usually have no idea what they are doing anyway Cannistry's post is perfect explains everything you need to know

6. Yep keef screen