Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grinded Weed Vs. Broken Up (with hand) Weed..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TrippinOn420, Nov 7, 2010.

1. to make a different opinion : i do it by hand cus i feel like an artisan that way, i choose what to use and whatsnot.
    either way is a nice option to have a grinder just in case

2. My personal opinion- While they're convenient and catch your kief (assuming it has a sandbox) they are a pain for a couples reasons: 1) You have to roll your joints looser than when you broke up by hand, otherwise they get packed too tight very easily and won't hit well and will resinate so quickly that soon you won't be able to draw any smoke thru your j/b, 2) ground up bud tastes Harsh compared to bud broken up by hand and because of that also makes it taste more like burnt dried up leafs than whatever flavor originally complimented your bud.
    Couple things to think about.
    and plus- unless you smoke pretty decent amount of buds, then the amount of time it will take for your sandbox to fill up won't even be worth it cuz when u get low on funds you'll scrape the keif before there's even enough to get high, jus hoping to get high.
    just some thought :cool:

3. I love my grinder. It's a gold nuclear warhead and has a huge kief collector and only cost me 25. It makes rolling joints much easier and stops really sticky bud from getting resin stuck on my fingers.

4. hmm, here is an idea i'd like to ponder on. How about only smoking your keif when there IS enough to get you high, not just as you said "hoping to get high".

5. Goo with the grinder .. Its the 21 century we have the technology ! Lol

6. i find it completely ridiculous to not use a grinder haha.
    It's like this:

Hmmm I can get high from my bud, and when its gone its gone

or

Hmmm I can get just as high from my bud, and when its gone I now have a large amount of extremely potent crystals that would've otherwise been completely wasted on my fingers, or on my scissors.

I can't wrap my mind around choosing not to have kief, when you can have kief lol

7. Okay, but let's say you smoke once a day for an entire year. That's 365 multiplied by the tiny bit you waste on your fingers each and every time. By then, you're wasting a few grams of kief! So why not instead just use a grinder to collect that extra few grams of kief? :smoke:

8. "this isn't the stone age buy a grinder"
    -Wiz Khalifa

9. Loled. I like how you post the bold part. Then turn around and do the exact same thing.

10. I think grinders are easier. Faster. And they make the joint/blunt burn perfectly. You also collect kief. You don't need a 60 dollar grinder though. I would get one off amazon for like 10-20 dollars. And it will be decent. Just don't buy cheap store grinders.

11. Had to like your post just for the sig. I have seen it before but never stopped and looked at it. I'm high so i zoned out. Then i was like :D

12. I think it's fun to use a grinder. :D

13. bongs= scizzors.
    Joins= grinder.

I feel if i grind my weed for bong hits it burns to hot ruins the taste and gives harsher hits. but with a joint it makes it burn easier and ( imo ) adds taste to a joint. but definatly get better taste out of a bong with cut up instead of ground. doesnt crush all the resin glands up and ruin those delicious terps :)

14. I'm just so lazy when I come to tokin now that If I don't have access to a grinder then I just nug plug the bowl, lol. And If we're rollin I make everyone else break that shit up.

15. SharpStone grinder ftw. I love mine I picked up for 40 bucks at my LHS

16. I would go with a grinder because not only will it be easier to actually roll the blunt/joint, but you dont have to get your fingers all smelled up. lol

17. idk if you smoke dank such as i, it feels like whenever i touch the weed keif will get on my fingers. so i prefer a grinder to collect the keif all in one place, and my bud seems more properly ground after going through a grinder vs doing it by hand

18. Using a grinder is way better.. im not to sure how to works but you can see what happens if you dont grind it...

if you dont grind it even if you roll it nice once you blaze you will notice it burns so fast but if you roll grind it and roll it nice it justs burns slow...

^ i noticed that last night after having a backwood then a century.... but i think the centurys are just better anways...

19. Coffee grinder FTW. :smoke:

20. I can feel my fingers get sticky breaking up by hand. A 'pinch and pull' method helps preserve the trichomes...

In any case, get either a 2 or 4pc grinder. 4pc if you want to collect kief, 2 piece if you want to smoke it with your bud. I got a 4pc because I don't especially notice the difference in potency from minimal amount of kief that falls through the screen. But at the end of every week a couple trenches of mixed bud/kief in the MFLB gets me blaaazed.

Also a 4pc has a storage compartment...you can always just keep the bud in your 2pc as well but it always seemed more awkward to me to tap it out with all the teeth in the way. I'd rather be able to just shovel a little bit of bud from the screen onto an index card and into the trench/bowl. I'm clumsy so I gotta idiotproof my toking tools :p