Collab Grind Or Not To Grind?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Dead Head OG, Dec 27, 2018.

1. I personally just shove a whole nug into my bowl and smash it around till the bowls filed/compact and smoke away! I feel like I get 2-3x as many hits to off a whole nug + I think the flavors more noticeable without being ground up.
    What’s ur guys opinions?

• Like Like x 2
  2. I tend to agree. I never even used a grinder until recently (I was given one as a gift).

Except when someone stops by, I smoke almost exclusively out of a small pipe. I snip off a small piece of bud with scissors and sprinkle kief on top.

On Fridays (only Fridays) I dip a piece of bud in oil than sprinkle kief on top.

Such overkill but oh man what a buzz!

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. what kind of oil do you use to not impart a strange flavor to your smoke?

4. The only reason I started using a grinder is this, Weed is hard to find for myself, if i'm not growing. Grinders collect lots of gems I can scrape for later. Also, the kief collectors are nice for when I wanna zone out for an hour or so.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I use a grinder only if I want to roll a joint. Seems to burn a bit more uniformly.
    In my bowl I have noticed that when I grind it up it burns away a lot faster.
    But if I break it up with my fingers it smokes better than just shoving the wad in there.
    I don't ever hit a pipe unless someone passes one to me. I like to pull mine through water in the bong. Just as an added benefit, it turns out I can observe how the bong fills with smoke. With grinded weed the bong fills rapidly and the smoke is more harsh. But the bowl is burned out in 3 hits. Just shoving the wad in the bowl and trying to hit, I take long draws and the bong slowly fills with thin weak smoke. I may be getting more butane than smoke? And I have to take a hit or two that taste like ashes to be sure I got it all. But when I pick the bud apart with my fingers I seem to get just the right balance of clean white smoke, and maybe 6-8 hits from the bowl. And it's easy to tell when it's done.
    Works for me.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Speaking strictly from personal experience, I cannot vape/smoke enough of the stuff, no matter how hard I try. So concentrates and edibles are my focus. It's simple physics, really. The more active ingredient in a smaller volume/mass the easier to get it into the bloodstream in the fastest possible manner by any means.

I understand the Old School Stoner ways die hard, because I am one. Rippin' bongs and tokin' joints is fun, but that's not where optimum therapeutic blood level concentrations come from.

7. We're using a grinder with a kief collector. Although this is all eventually getting converted into edibles.

We put about 1 ounce of ground up and dry-sifted flower into 1 pound of coco butter, and hold onto the kief for later.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. I smoke alone pretty much all the time and use my little pipe. I just break it up a little and put it in there. If you stick a whole piece of a bud in there it's harder to light, and then you're smoking the outside of the bud inward, and the top layer is definitely different. Is it's ground up at least a little it's more consistent.

9. Smoked 10+ years before finally buying a good grinder. After buying a grinder, never turned back again. Wish I bought one much sooner.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I just did my first smoke Chocolate og, using a SC grinder, glad I did, nice clean burn, no waste!

• Like Like x 1
  11. If you are using a vaporizer grinding is a must. You just cannot get it into small enough bits doing it by hand.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I grind just before using a bong, i know people that pre grind and leave it in a tin but thats silly imho

I am a space case man myself

13. Yeah only grind just before use. Unless you are later eating it. Otherwise it could go dry up and become a harsher smoke.

14. Ground gets a more even burn, fresh. I use a krups coffee/herb grinder. $13 on amazon. So much better than a can grinder, cleaner, flower and kief goes in the bowl.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Love my newSC shredder

16. I found I have used my fingers to grind for so many years (20+), that they can turn the densest bud to dust... I do have grinders, I'm just so used not using them.... I rarely do! Although when I do, my bud seems to last longer....!

17. why not half and half?

18. Cause that’s double the effort of packing a bowl.

19. just depends on the kind of hit(s) I want!

full, quick, snapper type hit = ground up
    thinner, more manageable, multiple-from-one-small-bowl type hit = finger ground or near-whole nug

20. I take the biggest bud of the sack as is, wrap it in newspaper with scotchtape and light it up,, prison blunt!

Jokes aside,
    I always ground up because i like a snapper and I also like to press my kief into hash so that's a bonus for me.