Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grind or break it up.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 420budd, Jan 28, 2010.

1. so. i just bought my first bowl. and ive asked a few friends about weather to grind the weed or just break it up. pros and cons. and if i grind is should i use a screen

2. Grinder

Pros:
    Some grinders collect kief.
    Portable and can easily slide in your pocket.
    quick
    easier to do when you're high than picking apart a bud with your fingernails
    You handle the weed less (which i think helps the weed smoke and taste better- but thats just my personal preference)
    Cheap
    It will grind up finer and more even than what your fingers can do

Cons:
    You have to buy it
    difficult to clean (i dont even bother cleaning mine, since all that goes in there is weed)
    One more thing for the cops to catch you with
    They can start to smell faintly like weed after a while
    If you don't smoke that much weed it can feel useless after a while

Overall, grinding offers more benefits than breaking it up but there is nothing wrong with breaking it up in a pinch, since you're essentially doing the same thing but for 10-20 bucks you cant go wrong!

Amazon.com: Chromium Crusher 2.25" Premium Quality Tobacco Herb Grinder (non-aluminum grinder): Kitchen & Dining

something like this should be more than enough for any tokers needs

3. Def grinders the first reply just kinda says it all! :)

4. yea i already have a grinder.
    so should i use a screen so i dont lose bud?

5. for bowls i like to grind just a little so it burns slow, sometimes break nugs off
    for blunts and js grind up

6. the screen just serves as a sifter to collect kief in the bottom of your grinder.

7. no i mean when i put the bud in the bowl should i put in a screen in the bowl to prevent losing weed

8. if you want, ive never had much of a problem with losing weed when i smoked so i never bothered, but to each his own. your bowl might be different than mine

9. if you have a screen, use it if you're going to use the grinder.

10. If your smoking from a bong, you don't need one, the ash falls right through the bowl usually. If your using a pipe, i'd get a screen for sure, even one of those tiny glass pieces that fits inside, nothings worse than taking a huge ass hit and having a scooby snack fly into your throat.

11. In reality it doesn't matter, just pack it in there tight, :smoking:.

12. I personally prefer using my grinder. It collects kief and makes breaking up the ganja easier. I would invest in one if i were you

13. definitely use a grinder... picking apart your weed sucks in my opinion. i like to grind it up so it burns more evenly in a bowl and is nicer to roll into joints or blunts.

14. If you smoke a decent amount each day or even a little each day I think a grinder is worth it. But it's all personal preference there's no right or wrong.

15. Grinder with a screen, if you want to get the most out of your weed that is. Either way your bud will lose some THC due to surface contact; at least each time you grind it, you're working towards an epic keif bowl!

16. judging by your recent thread, i'd let someone else show you what you need to look for (stems and seeds). then you can make the choice of weather or not you want a grinder. Me personally I go without, if i wanted to collect keif i'd get a grinder but i really don't care that much most of the time.

17. Personally bro, get a grinder. It's not expensive at all, and it helps keep your weed free of bacteria found in the hands, and nails... It helps you collect kief without doing nothing more than munching up the weed, & give you the benefit of being able to make some great hash one day, and at the same time grinds up the buds for you nice & fine so you get every taste of your enjoyment. it's worth it. your better off grinding your weed at home & not on the road, it sucks to get caught with something like that.

18. Grind it, You dont need a screen unless you already have one. Pack it tight and start the bowl slowly.
    You probably wont loose enough bud to make it worthwhile.

19. Yep, sure don't want those bacteria to ruin the taste of your weed when they get BURNT : P

But I agree, grinders are just all around better.

20. I'm a fan of grinding it, but that's because I have a decent grinder that really fluffs up the weed...not to mention I get lots of kief by keeping the screen clean. So I get fluffier bud and kief...why wouldn't you grind??