Grim's BF Red Dragon Grow Journal...Roots Organics nutes/CFL lights...never too late

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by GrimloxK, May 15, 2011.

1. Thanks guys...i'm pulling in a week and a half. I should be flushing either tomorrow or wendsday.

I pm'd chunk for clarification because i'm following the roots organics nute schedule and it says to flush w/ 5ml of "trinity catalyst" for every gallon of water. since i'm growing in a 3 gallon smart pot i'm thinking 30ml during flush might be a bit too much but I think I might give 2-3 straight distilled gallons and then 3-4 gallons w 5 ml each (15-20ml)

Any advice on this issue is appreciated.

At this point I just hope it finishes good and like buy said...I atleast get an 1/8th. You'd be surprised how long an eighth lasts me.

2. Here's pics from last night...I did my flush with 2 gallons of straight distilled water, went back 45 minutes later and flushed w/ 4 gallons of distilled water with 5 ml roots organics "trinity catalyst" for each gallon. Got back about 4 1/2 gallons of run-off.

- only have about a week more until chop
    - noticed from some budshots that i'm getting very dark amber/black trichs
    - also noticing that the upper part of colas are still shooting out white pistils though and I would say that the bottom portion of my plant is finishing really nicely but the top portion looks like it still needs more time...I'm still a noob at this so I really don't want to harvest once and then keep on harvesting...i'd rather do it all at once. Hopefully the next week or so they progress some more.

5/8
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bud shots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Looking sticky dude.

good job :metal:

4. Man eff my life...I was all set to give 72 hrs dark and chop this week but after going into the harvesting section and people rating my buds as not ready in the bud shot sub-forum so I decided to let my plant go for another couple of weeks. I watered yesterday with a 35 ml re-introduction to roots organics nutes which is 60% of recommended strength based off the roots schedule.

lights are still at 12/12, 3x 2700k and 1x 6500k which I rotate to the next outlet every 2 days.

Hopefully the plant swells up soon so I can take some noticably different shots at my next watering. Pray for me lol.

5. patience, man :cool:

You have what looks like a dank harvest coming. To allow it to be all it can be, you must have patience and harvest when it is READY, no sooner. I am a noob grower, but life has taught me this. Patience. You got dank comin :hello:

6. Now did you say you lst your plant and tied it up some? or what?

7. #27 GrimloxK, Jun 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2011
    I did LST grey...but in a weird way. I basically have my main/middle cola going in a semi-circular route across the top....I had alot of sidebranching because I LST'd...not to complain or anything. I basically used string that they tie cake boxes with and tied my branches to bamboo sticks I put around the perimeter of the smart pot.

If I had not LST'd I could have easily had a 3' plant in a 3 gallon smart pot. Right now she's about right under 2 feet without the pot. Altogether maybe 32 inches tall.

It's been a while since I posted pics but in a day or so i'll be posting some current pics when I water her.

8. did you find out why the leaves all turned yellow like that? i skimmed through couldnt seem to find an exact diagnosis. just in case i run into the same issues. lool

9. I really don't know why my leaves yellowed and withered away like that Blazin.

Could be a lot of reasons actually. I did notice the yellowing after I overdosed on roots organics nutes though so my thinking is that that was the cause. I used 95ml of nutes when instead I should have only used maybe 50-60 at absolute most. I was using an older version of the roots organics schedule.

But the subsequent yellowing and withering of leaves that i'm still noticing now could be from a bunch of things
    (i) my plant is near the end of its life cycle so leaves are dying out
    (ii) my ph is off causing a lockout
    (iii) not enough sulfur, Mag or Ca...although I did topdress with some dolomite lime during my last watering and I did notice my plants did perk up a little bit and yellowing of leaves slowed down quite a bit...so that is also something to note. My lack of an actual ph meter has been detrimental to me this time around...all I had was the rapidtest soil ph reader which always showed that my soil was between the ranges of 6.5-7.0.

updated pics coming tonight!

10. 5/18
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

trichome pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Looks like maybe 10% trichomes. Your plant sure seems to take way more time than mine do. I'm on week 6, and mine looks more done than that. I would go by what the Trichs are telling you though...

12. when you say 10% trichs what do you mean?

And yea my plant is taking a really long time...probably because of my cfl lighting...maybe because I stunted them when I overnuted. Right now all I care about is finishing up and getting some alright bud and planning for my 2nd grow later this year.

I wanna harvest and get a cerbral/sativa type high but i've been reading so many different harvest guides that all counter each other.

13. 10% amber. I don't think your buds look over nuted. Just looks like their genes. Maybe your lights are effecting it? I'm also in Hydro, so I might be a 1/2 week faster or so. Mine are a totally different pheno that's for sure. Yours look to yield way more than mine though, so maybe the time difference will even out.

14. Some plants just don't seem to ever "Mature" the way we want them to. I really don't think people know for sure the best time to harvest, but there are general base lines to harvest. It is pretty hard to tell on some of these phenos that want to take their sweet ass time, so just use your judgement. If you think you were wrong... better luck next time. I tweak each pheno if I think it has the potential anyway.

15. Beautiful Red Dragon. I'm curious as to what you may yield from that plant in a cfl grow. Keep it up.:)

16. Horned do you mind posting a pic for your red dragon my man. I'd love to compare...especially for my future grows. I'm planning on growing a sweet tooth later this year and I have another feminized red dragon for sometime maybe next year if it's still good.

17. I was trying to last night, but I'll see if I can get them to go right now.

18. These are 6.5 weeks of 12/12.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. horned I see your getting yellowing of leaves which I was getting till I plucked 90% of them. Your buds look swelled my man...I didn't get that...could be the genes, could be stunted growth...idk.

I figure i'm gonna pluck them early july so hopefully something good happens by then. Thanks for putting up some pics. Atleast now i know that red dragon buds are supposed to swell up lol

20. I wish I took pics of the whole plant. Maybe tonight when the lights are on I'll get some. Mine have the fox tails of the haze/sativa, but look the shape of the kush. Plus I think they are finishing even faster in hydro. The Yellowing for me anyway, is probably light bleaching/heat stress. I do get a lot of yellowing down below like yours did though. Maybe its the strain? Who knows? I'm still dialing in my setup.