Grilled Cheese Quirks?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ImThePiff, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Im about to make some grilled cheeses but i am really high and not in the mood for a boring original one..... any of you guys switch up a classic recipe by adding something to it or something?

if worse comes to worse ill go og grilled cheese lol

2. I put slices of ham/ turkey in the middle of mine. Mmmm. :D

3. Bacon is a good start

4. Whenever it gets boring for me too i just switch to using thousand island sauce. Shits soooo good

5. I have used the thousand island sauce in general with grilled sandwiches, to me it has to be close enough to mac sauce though (PROTIP: you can get mac sauce on any sandwich mcdonalds has)

I've used bacon, ham, egg, tomato, various cheeses, like pepper jack, good cheddar, mozzarella, etc.

somewhat related but off topic, bacon mac and cheese!!

6. Put some potato chips and ham in that shit :smoking:

7. Yeah I second the ham idea. Another thing that's dank is to slice up some jalapenos and sprinkle those inside

I just realized I've also made a pepperoni grilled cheese, it was delicious but a little greasy

8. #8 deaconblues86, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2012
    I'm gonna have to try that, maybe get some of the salami-sized pepperoni from the deli, and cook it in a pan first to sweat the grease out...

colby jack grilled cheese, along with the pepper jack grilled cheese, two I'm going to have to try. or maybe grilled cheese on french toast, like a deconstructed monte cristo, I have done something similar with cheese between two eggos before

9. I know it's simple, but I always dip mine in ketchup. Weird, but it is amazing.

10. Ham and cheese melts are tasty

11. Try putting buffalo chicken on it.

12. Bacon , tomato, ham mix cheeses like cheddar, Swiss etc

13. sweet baby rays

14. Dip in ketchup?

15. One of my favorites :) grill cheese and pickles!

I like mine in before the sandwich hits the grill. Yummy stuff lol

16. Sour dough bread, tomatoe and chedder cheese is amazing :D

17. Put a steak and a burger in there.

18. I was going to say bacon or tomato also but was beaten to it. Tuna is another good addition. I haven't tried it yet but I often wonder how a grilled cheese made with pimento cheese would be.

19. Bacon and pepper.

20. Okay whatcha wanna do is go to ya local grocery and get some garlic texas toast, bacon and a egg. Make the toast and add the cheese in the oven for the last 3 min. Pan fry the egg and bacon and add it. Shot is bomb