grieving for a dead animal

Discussion in 'Pets' started by dhalsimsnipples, Feb 16, 2013.

1. I lost my dog on new years day to cancer, it started in his leg and spread despite the fact we had it amputated. This dog truly was my best friend and i now get what the term "heart broken" means :( i just know how to stop feeling so sad! It doesn't help that my girl friend and family dont seem to understand how much i miss him. Anybody else going through this shit?

2. It's a sad fact of life brother eventually every living thing dies. You just gotta remember all the good times you had with him and know that he will always be with you in your memories.

3. im sorry for your loss blade... i lost my lab/mix a year ago...he lived a good 15 years. i gave him a bunch of greenies and other treats befor i let him be put down in my arms..one of the few times ive realy balled out and cryed. this thread hits home :,(

4. Be strong man

All dogs go to heaven, unless your an atheist then never mind he's just dead

Hope your broken heart heals tho

5. From one animal lover to another you know pets are like our kids. I lost my chihuaha when I was in highschool to coyotes. he used to run about 12 miles a day with my mom, no joke. we had 2 german shepherds who watched over him and when they were paying attention a coyote snagged him. it was horrible and I had to go to school because I had gotten into trouble the day before so I had to go. My family seached for him in the hills when we got home. we found his body and buried him in the backyard.

6. Kind words all, was a bit off an odd topic for a forum of this nature, once again my belief that stoners are some of my the nicest people around is proved correct. Thank you guys x

7. It does suck to miss your loved ones and pets are certainly loved ones. I had twin Himalayan Flame Point cats from the day they were born (they were born in my dresser drawer on top of my favorite sweater) and they have both been gone since before my daughter was born. But that doesn't mean I don't miss them. They were a huge part of my life for a decade and a half.

IN the end though, they are companions and pets and one of the things you have to know about being a petowner is that they will most likely pass before you will. That is the way of nature though, and remember death is not the end.

It's natural to grieve, and you should. Don't worry about what others think, do what is right for you.

8. The best thing you can do is stay true to how you felt about him. Regardless of what your family thinks. My cats are like my best friends, and I can't even imagine losing them. You just gotta stay strong and it's cliche but time will help. Stay strong my friend :)

9. Sorry for your loss. I'm sure he's in Puppy Heaven now.

I think something almost everyone can relate to:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t7HZgqpH9E]Marley & Me - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://vimeo.com/43386325]Marley & Me (Last part, the end of Marley) on Vimeo[/ame]