Grey goose vodka?

Discussion in 'General' started by catpuchino, Feb 8, 2014.

1. #21 turbotoke, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
    There are better vodkas but you'll be paying a high price, Goose is a good balance of cost and quality.  I hear Belvedere is good, and there's one called Chopin which is reviewed highly.  I would do a little searching, or decide on a different type of alcohol, the good stuff is always expensive.  Whatever you do just don't get any of that nasty flavored crap.

2. Grey goose is about as smooth a vodka your gonna find. Try some popov then get back to us. No but seriously do you drink hard liquor much? It's an acquired taste, to me all vodka tastes pretty much the same, this is why I prefer whiskey

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Meh. Vodka is vodka. Not quality wise, but pretty much all vodka tastes about the same, and as others have said, grey goose is pretty much top of the line.
    I personally hate vodka. It always leads me to puking all night and belligerent.
    Hahaha, you guys should see me belligerent. Its a site to see.

4. I never really liked Grey Goose at all. Bought a bottle for a mates birthday party, and it tasted ridiculously dry and not pleasant. We did drink it of course, but it wasn't worth the money.

5. I like Ciroc, 

Absolut is better than Grey Goose, but I still don't really like the buzz of it 

I don't fuck with Vodka straight.  Mix it up with a chaser ... tastes much better and the buzz is better.

6. Potters Vodka  12.50 a fifth.

no sense in paying more.

7. #27 fancypantsdawg, Feb 9, 2014
    For anyone interested in reading up on why this vodka is so overrated. Check out the reviews, some even go as far as calling Grey Goose a "sham". Excellent marketing team tho amirite? I mean those bottles... those beautiful bottles. That's not to say it's a BAD vodka, but...

http://vodkabuzz.com/vodkas/grey-goose/

Like I said, Chopin is a great choice to go with OP. Won't be disappointed! Belvedere is also OK but Chopin is usually what I go with. I'll even take Ciroc over Goose.

8. BELVEDERE

Sent from my MexiPhone5000

9. i usually get bombay, tangeray or new amsterdam but i have gotten jose quervos gold and jack daniels before. Not to mention i steal them lol under 21 life

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. fuck all that expensive shit just buy tvarscki after like 5 shots you'll be able to drink any bitter substance like water haha

11. Mix it with pineapple juice. Let people call you a bitch, but pineapple juice and vodka/gin is amazing.

12. #32 DnB_Junkie, Feb 9, 2014
    I like Grey Goose but Russian Standard is my favourite. I find it as smooth as Grey Goose though. I suppose it just depends if you like your vodka or not.

13. i enjoy GG , as well as Absolut

14. Grey goose is actually pretty smooth. I'm also the kind of dude that can finish a fifth of skyy in one night

Grey goose is generally considered the best commercially available vodka but as many have already said, vodka tastes very similar however expensive it is - like shit. You may just not have the taste for vodka but if you're determined then you just need to suck it up and get used to drinking it. 

Dark liquor ftw tho

16. Gg is nothing more than trend and visual appeal.

The polish know vodka and belvedere has been around for 200+ years longer than GG. Fuck GG.

17. #37 AugustWest, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014

if you don't like goose then you aren't gonna like the taste of any vodka.

everything in that price range is about as smooth as it gets (stoli, goose, kettle, ciroc etc).. anything lower end will burn a hole in you and the taste is noticeably different. (despite what some other posters may tell you)

i drink kettle one myself and love it.. but it still tastes like vodka.

18. Ketel one is good too... still saying belvedere is the smoothest imho

19. I'm 
    Agreed.  Ketel one is good but has a distinct flavor to it and a bit of burn. Belvedere out of the freezer or snow has limited taste and burn.

I'm sure I've had smoother vodka but can't remember, as I'm sure I drank it like water.

20. start drinking scotch and bourbon exclusively