Greetings...I'm new here, and I have a question.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DarthMichael, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Greetings, everyone. Thank-you for having me.

In about three short weeks, I will finally be getting discharged from the Navy, and I can then get reaquainted with a very beloved woman of mine...Mary Jane.

But I intend on doing things different, this time. As much as I used to smoke, I was always buying instead of growing...and it got expensive (I was always paranoid about growing). But lately, I've done a lot of research on how to grow, for the first time, especially...and I have a question:

I remember my father using "Miracle Gro" on all his vegetables in his garden, and it worked on EVERY plant, no matter the specie. I have a basic knowledge of growing plants, and my question to you is, is the use of fertilizers/growth aids beneficial or detremental when it comes to growing cannabis?

Please feel free to e-mail me your response, if you wish. Once again, thank-you.

2. I'm going to put this'n in the General Growing forum.

It will probably get faster attention from someone who can answer your questions there. (I certainly don't know myself)

Gimme a sec and I'll put in a link to the thread here.

I'm new at this magic wand shit!

_____

Well! This new board makes that process a whole lot easier.

Guess I didn't need any of the hyperlink stuff.

Anyways, here it is. (whew)

3. I'm not an expert by any means but I think it fertilizer is definitely beneficial. Basically all I know is that you need nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorous. You may also need to have calcium to balance the pH of the soil. Marijuana grows best in a pH of 7. Hope this helps some.

peace.

4. marijuana grows best in a slightly acidic 6.2-6.6 unless your in hydroponics where its much lower.

5. If you are growing outside this summer in the good old earth, remember its not called WEED for nothing. Put a little fertilizer on it from time to time, and water it when it needs it. The biggest hurdles to overcome are overferts, overwater, and harvesting before its ready.

6. What's up Darthmichael! How you doing, cuz? Nice to know you've finally come over to 'the Darkside', heh, heh. Anyway, have you ever tried going out 'Unabomber-style' and spreading some utterly foul smelling self-increment brown stuff on your crops? Works for me. I just head on over to T-Mex, order about 30 tacos, and then make a mad dash back to the casa pronto. To provide those essential citric supplements, I usually order an extra large orange Horchata for good measures. Then I'm like "Okay, my little babies, here it comes!!!" And then... SPLAT!, BAM!, POW! (Batman-style!) I just unleash on those little bud(die)s of mine. I've found that the swirling flies tend to give my little sweethearts something to look at while they're just sitting there growing and loading up on THC. (Oh, that reminds me, I love T-Boz.)Cool thing is, the paperz I keep next to my flower pot of pot double up as TP. I remember one time, I used up the whole pack, so when it came time to blaze, I was forced to role my weed up with toilet paper. Poetic justice, huh. Hey, speaking of, does anyone else think that the toilet has the potential of being turned into a mean ass giant bong?!?! I tried one time, but my Mom had just Liquid Drayno-d the damn thing without telling me. I just about killed myself. Well, anyway Darthmichael, to answer your question: No, I don't have any usefull tips on growing Bud. But keep it real in the LBC! Who let the dogs out! U can't touch this! Too legit 2 quit! Oh, happy BD...

7. yeah, use miracle gro. I have 2 healthy polants, and I altrernate using once, miracle gro, the regular, but I only water them when theyre dry. It also influences the sex of the plant to be female, because you cant grow buds w/ male plants ya know. so yes, use the miracle gro