Greetings from the great white north

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Monchito, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Hi everyone, greetings from the great white north. A friend of mine gave me a bunch of seeds and I did what any passionate horticulturist would do. I planted them. I do smoke but I must confess I planted them more cause I like plants and wanted to see my results. I planted 25 seeds and I'm now left with 5 plants which I think are all female (one is kinda up in the air) now before you answer my questions here's something you should know. I've read a ton of articles in the last few months and I feel non are really my situation. I have no intentions of a high yeild for my first crop I really just planted them in the cheapest way I could find at the time. (regular pots, no special soil, no special water, etc) this is really my learning crop before I spend on anything (lights, fertilizer, etc) I've grown them outside and the sun and water is all they've gotten. That being said I've now fallen in love wit them and hopefully I can get something out of them. I have two indoors and 3 outdoors.

Here's a few questions.

1- Since I'm growing this with absolutely the most basic of methods can I still get something out of them?

2- I've started looking into grow lights and I don't want to spend a fortune I've found this online and it has great reviews any comments?

3- Can I save the male plants and make something out of them like tea, oil, cooking? I just can't get rid of it, it looks so nice and strong I mean worst comes to it I will just put it far away from the females and save it for seeds?

4- I'm not following any of the rules I've read about, this is really plant the seeds, give the plants water and see what happens and learn from this experience. example rules, how much controlled light/sun they get, right now they get whatever the day gives them. They are growing in rather small pots like 8 inch pots. Can I still get something out of them?

5- My next grow will probably happen in winter time, I have a small closet where I will setup. What is the absolute minimum I can get away with? I will obviously need a light.

I appreciate your advice and time, cheers.

Here's some pictures (don't judge, remember what I said)

This is the one I can't tell if it's male of female or maybe both?

http://i.imgur.com/0bIB1kV.jpg

2. Can´t really tell if male our female yet, and in the last picture with the droopy leafs seems like overwatering. Make sure they get enough sun light and only give them water when they are really really dry

• Like Like x 1
  3. Overall they look good. I give water to mine 2 in 2 days but here i have 35º+ celsius. You should make one test, the next time you water your plants try to weight your pot and then weight it again when dry. That way you will allways know when to water. Oter way is to stick your finger 2 our 3 inches on the dirt and feel it yourself.
    Try to search about LST Trainning its great for this plants.

• Like Like x 1
  4. get rid of any males , if you really did all that reading you say you did you know why ,,,so they don't pollinate your females ..once weed is fertilized its energies transfer to making seeds and making not THC