Greetings from Los Angeles- Cannabis Doc

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Cannabisdoc, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Hi Everyone:

I was told that this is the place to be to discuss cannabis use and the subjects revolving around the subject. I am a Los Angeles area physician who specializes mostly in neurological problems, but I also do write recommendations for compassionate cannabis for medical purposes. I hope to learn quite a bit about the culture to better serve my patients and all of you.

Thanks,
    Compassionate Cannabis Doc (CCD)

2. Welcome and prepare to be overwhelmed with a ton of questions. Be prepared also for people from every age bracket and educational/intellectual level. There are lots of good people and some idiots aka trolls.

3. Thanks for the welcome and the "warning". I don't mind being asked questions, as long as they are relevant questions that I think that I can answer. I'm also trying to learn more about the need for quality medical marijuana care and if I can fill a need for patients. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, like what services would be of benefit for you etc.

Thanks,
    CCD

4. I don't live in a medical marijuana state so I couldn't say anything but what I feel others would benefit from.

If you were to become knowledgeable on the subject, things like what medical marijuana is good for and specifically what strains of it. Cannabis Indica vs. Cannabis Sativa. Another service could be offering to follow up with the patients, not just write a recommendation (meant respectfully, not sarcastically). Educating other doctors that it indeed does have medicinal value. (Look at derivatives that the medical community will accept. Marinol, Sativex etc.) The natural plant is actually better. Teach the medical value of vaporizing and edibles over smoking. That is all I can think of at the moment. I hope I have given you food for thought.