Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Greetings and a sweet grinder

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Hobo173, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Just wanted to say whats up and I finally decided to join.

I'm a seasoned daily toker. Mostly for helping my Aperger's symptoms but sometimes for fun. I'm not in a medical mj state but it's the only thing that helped me so far. It's also cheaper than pills and I can grow it on my own so I understand why pharma companies don't like it.

I'm an engineer by trade and have designed/built many homemade pipes and vaporizers. One of my current projects is designing a good vaporizer that can be easily built by anyone from stock parts. Making vaporizing more popular will help the medical movement.

I also wanted to share a sweet grinder I picked up for a good price. It's a coffee grinder but probably the best I've seen for MJ. It gently breaks the buds and doesn't remove keiff like other grinders I've seen.

You also don't need to put alot in. I can put in a single dose (0.07g), it grinds it and there is almost nothing stuck inside. The trick is to pulse the blades on and off so the herb doesn't just fly around. The grinding chamber also lifts out so you don't need to unplug and tilt the whole grinder to get your herb out. It even comes with a tiny brush so you can get EVERY last drop of keiff or you just want it to be clean.

The only drawback is that it's LOUD if you leave it on. Maybe louder than a vacuum cleaner. If you pulse the blades right, it stays very quiet.

http://www.target.com/Hamilton-Beac...1038576&rh=k:coffee grinder,p_3:$0-$24&page=1

2. kool man welcome to GC

3. well thats one way of prepping your buds for a good bowl pack :p I still prefer my grinder with a kif catcher (no offense). Happy toking though :)

4. The hand grinders are good for alot of stuff but this is a whole other animal.

With this grinder I can get it very fine but the keiff still stays on the plant. It just beats the plant into it's individual hairs, stems and fibers instead of cutting it. This way the keiff doesn't fall off. Note: It might not do the same with very dry buds but I store my stuff well and never grinded it dry.

For medical, I keep my doses very standard and vaporize them completely with no waste(no leaks and hold in for exactly 30s). This is the best way to take an exact dose and keep tolerance down. You always take just enough for it to work and it doesn't creep up your dose over time.

5. hey welcome to GC! I'm glad you found a grinder that's good for you...to each his own, you know? I still like the ones that have a kief catcher, just for the fact that I love to smoke kief after a long time of just smokin buds (when i have a few grams of it stored up)

But, my true question to you would be -- can you post up some how to's on a homemade vape? I have a vapor bros. vape (the whip style one) but I have been thinking about trying to either make, or in the end just buy, a volcano style vaporizer. It would be cool if you threw up a step by step how to on either just a reg vaporizer or a volcano one if and when you get your project finished!

Sorry for the long post, and happy tokin! :smoking: :wave:

6. I really wouldn't suggest getting that unless you're making food. It's going to grind it up far more than you are going to want. It'l be like dust.

7. I think your better off getting an aerospace four piece grinder for $10 at your local head shop. Electric grinders tend to practically luquify the weed beyond use. Plus, do you really want to hear a vaccum ever time you go to break up more?

8. This one is apparently really bad for coffee because of the dull blades so it was on clearance. I decided to try it out and it was the best grinder I ever used.

You can grind it how you want depending how many times you press the button. You can go from just picked apart(1 press) to complete dust(10+ presses) and anywhere in between. The sides are very slick so almost nothing sticks to the sides.

I vape 99% of the time so getting it really fine makes it hit MUCH better. There is no flame to burn up the plant so breaking up is key with vaporizing if you want to extract everything. With bowls or rolling you burn it all so breaking up is not as important.

It's also quiet if you pulse the blades and don't let them go too fast. It grinds much better since the herb doesn't fly around above the blades.

9. bump!
    old thread and link is no longer working for the grinder..can you post the name and model of the grinder that you prefer again please. I am also a volcano user and am always looking to get the herb finer. thanks again.