Greenpea Grower Questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by UncleJohn, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Dear Budguy,
    Thanks for your info on my last thread. Unfortunately, can't report any results yet...just moved into this trailer park and wanted to get to know my neighbors before growing. I own the house though, so I don't have to worry about anyone walking in unexpectedly. A friend is going to give me a 400Watt HPS lamp and Ballast (I love my friends). It may be a problem using the HPS lamp, it's so damn heavy and this roof is hollow....is there a combination of flourescent lights I could substitute? How effective are these compared to HPS? (The local Home Depot hs about 20 different kinds of flourescent lights..cool, hot, 40watt, 20watt, higher wattage)...anyway, I'm expecting this HPS light to get really hot, do you think this could be a fire hazard? What size fan will suffice if I use it? (Just to refresh your memory, the room is 7'X3'x2') I won't be able to leave the cabinets open, so it's going to be tough to get fresh air into the closet constantly. (In fact, I'd like to keep the cabinets locked most of the time) I think that's enough questions for now. Oh yeah, any other words of wisdom I'd really appreciate. By the way, do you remember the person who started the legal thread (it was several pages long)...anyway, I read the thread about six months ago and I'd like to print it out to keep around the house. Peace

2. Amanita, how were your results with the flouro lights? I used them a few months ago and they didn't seem to do anything for the plant. Do you have any experienced pointers?

3. Man hook up that 400 watt hps and let it run. I have seen one mounted in a 2'x2'x5' closet with a standard bathroom fan to pull out the exhaust. You will not regret the yield of a good light.

4. Hook up that 400w,,,you will not regret it.....

[​IMG]