GreenOps' Forest Fun 2011

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by GreenOperator, May 9, 2011.

1. Looking good :) keep the posts coming!

2. thanks Free.

Iv ben wanting to go out to the babies for what seems like forever! i have just ben so busy and also didnt have all the necesary supplies to do what i want to do when i go out, but the other day i went out and got everything i need now.

Yes i did say in the beggining that i couldnt afford to go all organic and what not but i decided to dip in the pocket and get what i needed to make this happen :) i plan to head out and do some serious work within 3 days.

my shopping receipt

IMG_8241.jpg

Just had to get the microscope so i can pick the buds when they are perfect :smoke:

Also stocked up on my hydro nutes for when i do another run in the near future

3. #23 GreenOperator, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2011
    High Grasscity.

went out to the patch today for most of the day. had to lug out some peat moss and some worm castings along with my backpack full of goodies. got all 8 holes dug with my soil mixed and the plants transplanted into their final homes. my back is achin and im glad that its done with lol. i was wishin old rusty wasnt so short today lol. An FYI for anyone out there, if you spray mosquito repelent on you the ink on the bags of dirt will come clean off onto your skin lol. i had "100% worm castings" inprinted on my arm and black smudging every where else. but atleast the mosquitos stayed away. so far im a little disapointed with how little water is in my rain barrel considering the rain that we have gotten sicne its ben out there. maybe i will just use it as a resivoir this year and let it fill up over the winter and try and run a self watering system next year.

sorry if the pics arnt completely focused i was tired and running out of time. needed to get out of there in a hurry or else i would have gotten more pics with better focus.

I left the top of the soil about an inch or so below the ground so that the rain water would more easily run into the holes and realy soak deep down.

Worm castings bag pretty much no ink left on it and the peat moss
    IMG_8243.jpg

First grow hole dug out, others will be the same. and the pile of dirt from teh 1st grow hole.
    IMG_8246.jpg

Two group shots showing all the plants between the 2 photos. 2nd photos top left hole is the purple kush
    IMG_8248.jpg

Blueberry Skunk....Phew! she stinks! looks a little yellow. will be better then new soon enough.
    IMG_8249.jpg

Hash plant #1
    IMG_8250.jpg

Hash plant #2
    IMG_8252.jpg

I was given 2 extra and decided that i would just put 2 plants in 2 holes, the 4 weakest looking ones so if one happens to die theres another one there to take its place.

my soil contains the native soil, worm castings, peat moss, blood and bone meal, dolomitic lime, and aqua crystals. I will be mixing teas to feed it and i have a foliar feed for them as well. but for now its just time to let the sun shine and watch the show.

Edit: i was going to top and supercrop when i came out today, but i thought it would be better to let them get comfy in their new home before i go doing anything like that

Attached Files:

4. Looks nice, its a good feeling to get them in the ground :) Yah thats too bad that your barrel isn't filling up too fast... I bet you would need some sort of like tarp set up to collect the water and then funnel it into the barrel. Its amazing the people that use their roof and rain gutters to collect rain water can fill a 50 gal barrel in a few minutes with a heavy rain shower. Just need that surface area to collect those rain drops.

Hah thats funny, I had some ink from a bag of mulch stain my arm as well when I was hauling it out, and come to think of it I had just put on bug spray too. Didn't think of that..

5. Good point growbig, I've been thinking about a tarp kinda thing to collect more water, anything is better than lugging water in my opinion lol. Green how much did you pay for that timer? is it battery powered?

6. yes it was apart of my plant to set some kind of funnle to bring in more rain, i didnt think i would be able to collect nearly enough otherwise. my barrel has a spout off teh side of it near the top, i was thinking of maybe attaching some ABS pipe to it and spliting it out a couple times and setting up 3 or 4 areas to catch water using a large plastic sheet running into the pipes and then to teh barrel. i would need to support the piping and all that and find some areas to se it up that arent in the open to be seen by aircraft but in a spot where it will collect water. i think with 3 or 4 sites plus the barrel open top should be efficient to keep it filled enough for its purpose. I would do just about anything to not have to lug all that water out there! when it rains and i see a huge stream of water flowing down the road into the sewer i always think " dam i wish i could do that "

yah haha probably was that because i could feel as soon as the bag hit my arm the bag was sliding in a slick slippery way and right away i was covered in ink. defenitely not from my sweat. Thanks for coming by growbig :wave:

hey Pot glad to have you here, the timer cost 30 dollars and yes it is battery operated. it was the best one for the cheapest price to suite my needs. got it at wally world.

7. Awesome thread, very informative. Keep up the good work man, peace!

8. ^ Thanks for stopping in :wave:

Another update for the city.

Organics is risky business. i have grown many times in previous years in my spot and never once had any animal problems but upon arrival today i came to a sad scene. by no means will i be switching back to using the chems im goin organics all the way from now on, i just need to better prepare next year for sure. this year is basicaly turning into a trial run on organics to get the feel for it and to make sure my grow site is still legit. its ben quite a few years since i have grown. i also think i may need to find some better new spots just because over the years the surrounding trees have gotn bigger and block out more sun then they use to. it just seems that my site doesnt get teh sun that it should be or did back in the day. i supercropped all my plants. theyr small, i wish i had jsut fully comitted myself to this year rather than sitting on the fence about it for wayy to long.

the worst part of all is that the 3 victims of the critter attack were my 2 hash plants (2 of my 3 bigger plants) and my little purple kush clone. if it were to take 3 plants id ratehr them take 3 bc big bud lol, i got plenty of those in there. oh well what can you do. atleast the blueberry skunk is still kicking.

pics

critter victims. the purple kush has already ben replanted. had done it before i even though to take pics
    IMG_8278.jpg

Im positive hashplant#1 is gunna survive this. it was starting to grow again in the position i found it in so i replanted it.
    IMG_8279.jpg

Blueberry Skunk before and after supercrop..well all after supercrop first photo im holding her up for you
    IMG_8282.jpg

Some shots of the bc big bud plants

IMG_8285.jpg

Attached Files:

9. IMG_8286.jpg

Group shots after supercroping
    IMG_8290.jpg

Attached Files:

10. Man Im sorry for the animal troubles, they can be a serious issue. Get some chicken wire around those asap would be my suggestion. Keep up the good work

11. WOW glad i found this grow i can see it defnitely has some potential just from spot

Sorry to hear bout the animal do you use blood meal in your soil mix? In my past years ive used blood meal and had problems with digging this year no blood meal and not one animal problem yet

Keep it up.. they be will monsters before ya know what happened:smoke:

12. Hey Greenops,:wave: I hope you don't have anymore critter problems, especially now since they are on the mend.

Keep it up :D

13. yah it sucked seeing that when i got there, but i almost expected it just because of what iv read and seen when people use blood meal and stuff like that.

Hey Alpha im glad you found this grow to :wave: yea this year i used blood and bone meal im thinking maybe nextyear i can get the holes prepped with all the blood and bone meal and what not then wait a couple days after that to put my plants in, that way when they smell teh fresh new blood and bone put into the soil when the come to dig at it my plants wont be there to get damaged, then whe i do put themn in il add fencing and all that to help as well. thanks for the encouragement, i was actualy feeling pretty down about the size of my plants and what the outcome will be, but you gave me a little more hope again :D

High Buzz :wave: Glad you made your way over here. yea i realy hope thats the last i see of them, but who knows. i just want my hashplant to recover so i can atelast have one of those still!

14. the trials and tribulations of trying to grow something that's not sitting in your backyard. Its always a little nervewracking every time you walk up to your spot after you haven't been there in a while, you never know what to expect. Just gotta take the bad with the good and roll with it right?

Once those get settled in they should start to take off quick.. how many hours of daylight you still have up there? looks good :)

15. You just be more stubborn than they are. Go get 'em Green. :devious:

C'mon Hashplant! :poke::metal:

16. Exactly right GB take what life throws at you in stride.

Haha yeah. Oh that hashplant will come back, it jsut ahs to, it was looking too much on the path of recovery while it was just laying there on the ground. Im defenitely most excited to see how its making out.

Well, im just reporting back on that BC Big Bud little indoor grow that i posted up a little while ago. he cut it down dried it and gave me a couple buds that i had cured for a couple weeks, just smoked a couple joints last night with a couple friends, its defenitely not a heavy couchlock stone, i thought it was a very pleasant social high where you can be having an in depth conversation with some one and almost forget your high until you get hit with a heavy wave of that uplifting feeling. the smell of the bud was earthy/pine with a backround of skunk in it. smoke and flavour was very smooth earthy taste with the slightest hint of skunk flavour in there as well.

Hopefuly il be getn out to the garden in the next couple days to have an update on how they are makin out.

17. Hey GC,

went out to the plot today after searching out some nice new plots (but thats for my other thread) I like to see that they are getting some nice growth happening but very sad to report that something fucked with 1 of my plants again, only 1 plant and guess what one.....my hashplant that already took a beating and survived. got dug right out teh ground again, but looks like its still fighting to survive, still droopy but still good and green with some firm leaves on it so i replanted it once again and hoping for the best so that i just might get to smoke some lol. all the plants responded positively to my supercroping and i gave them another round of it today. all of them are showing their female preflowers. the purple kush made its comeback, it is very tiny but hey, 1 or 2 buds is better then no buds :smoke:

Hashplant dug up once again, didnt get a pic after i replanted, i forgot.
    IMG_8337.jpg

Blueberry skunk upfront BC Big Buds behind
    IMG_8338.jpg

The other BC Big Buds
    IMG_8344.jpg

Purple Kush
    IMG_8343.jpg

Group shots
    IMG_8346.jpg

Attached Files:

18. The rest are doing well, but somethings got a thing for your Hashplant! This time it looks like something stepped on it. :(

19. Hey GreenOperator, :wave:

Just keep doing what your doing, win some, lose some. It'll pay off in the end.
    You have plenty of healthy plants still growing. :D

Just wanted to check in and say hello. :)

20. how are things looking?