Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Greening out = hypoglycemia aka low blood sugar

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BlackBearBosin, May 14, 2013.

1. Title says it all, anyone researched this aswell?

2. #2 MidnitTokr, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
    That's weird you should say that.  Last night I started to feel like beginning green-out stage, but it was weird because I was at the point where I'd usually be coming down and thinking about another toke.  I ate something and it went away almost immediately.

And I didn't really feel hungry either.  Maybe I'm so used to ignoring the munchies that I let myself go too long without eating.  Hmmm.

3. I always thought this there was a connection between both but I'll see if I can find an article or post about it somewhere. 

4. #4 Piep, May 14, 2013
    Here's a study I found from Medical Marijuana Barbie Tracy Blevins, Ph.D. about hypoglycemia with Marijuana use. Check out figure 5:

http://www.bartcop.com/babs-pot.htm

5. #5 5cooby Doo, May 14, 2013
    Can't say I've greened out.. in the terms passed out or fell asleep. Sometimes after toking I'll start to feel "uncomfortable" but having a quick bit fixes as usually. :smoking:

edit: WHERE ARE THE BEAUTIFUL REP BARS! Why does GC looking like GC on my phone :(. This will take some getting used to. 

6. #6 smokedietcoke, May 14, 2013
    I always figured it was due to mainly low b/p, + high heart rate.
    I've passed out after blazing before from low b/p, but I pass out somewhat regularly weed or not, I'm always back up almost immediately though.
    I've never had an actual "green out" ...

7. title explains my highschool, i can relate 100%, any questions? I'm older now and i understand it....... i've never greened out like ive seen others do at parties, but weed has definitely triggered a hypoglycemic fit before

8. I think a lot of times when it happens it can be linked to people depriving their brains of oxygen.  I've heard of people taking fat rips and holding them in, then standing up and passing out.  This is a combination of low oxygen and a change in blood pressure.  In my opinion low blood sugar could make the other causes hit harder, but I  don't know if the sugar levels themselves would cause a green out.