Greenhouse?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by MonsterBud08, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Would growing in like a mini greenhouse be any better than growing just outside. It would still have to be small and stealthy. What could you use for materials? How does the sun come in? Maybe it could be warmer so i could start earlier?

I plan on force budding my plants by covering it for 12 hours.

2. There are tons of grow tents on ebay, you can find them in almost any size, as far as keeping them small, look into LST, there is a sticky on one of the threads. You can also look for Ganja Guru's grow journal he built a good sized greenhouse for I think around $60 in materials. As for the other questions also reference Ganja Guru's grow journal under Outdoor Grow Journals, too lazy to provide link right now...

3. I'm not looking for small plants, just a small structure. If theres really no benifit then i would just grow it without a greenhouse.

4. Really for a small structure it's not going to allow you to start earlier unless you get some heaters/lights in there to help control the temps and to make sure they dont start flowering too early, it's up to you. Look around and research there's plenty of info here with greenhouses and grow tents.

GL

5. check out my gorw. i started with a "seedling house" that cost me $40 online. this let me grow in january up until now. i put the plants in the ground now because the temps are in the high 60s.

6. #6 OldPork, Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2009
    A Victorian Lantern Cloche would let you get out there early.
    On sunny days I leave the top askew to disallow heat buildup. Mostly though this keeps my little ones safe from varmints. Garden shops sell these and if you google "Victorian Lantern Cloche" you will find them. These are great, very heavy, nothing with paws is gonna get in. Oh pictured in front is OldPork's coffee cup, you can ignore that...hahaha

Attached Files:

7. If I lived in a country with harsh MJ laws, I would definitely use a greenhouse. Frosted glass for stealth, also grow some tomatoes, shove them right up against the glass. Give neighbours a present of tomatoes occasionally. Good cover for moving supplies. And you can protect against any frost. A lot going for it.