greenhouse seeds bubba kush, og kush, and chem dog

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Boogy Blunt, Oct 15, 2008.

1. I'd do my homework before ordering if i were you. The site says they "We don't send to the United States". Maybe they do and it just says that to be a disclaimer. Also the only two payment methods they accept are the most sketchy forms of payment there are. They will accept cash in an envelope, or a International bank transfer. Neither of which offer you much if any protection. I have no personal experience with them, so don't take my word as gospel, but do the homework on your own before you buy. If i'm talkin out my azz, feel free to let me know.

2. They don't have to ship to the US as Greenhouse has many affiliates that carry their seeds.

As far as the new strains, no doubt if they turn out to be authentic that's a good thing. But didn't their NYCD get less than stellar reviews?

3. #4 XchaoticmetalX, Nov 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2008
    ya got to see some pics of the new chem-dog by greenhouse. Whether its the real deal chemdog or not, it looks amazing. Also from what I saw it resembled the clone only really well. We shall see though, I'll def be running that strain as soon as it's out. If I can find the pics ill postem.

4. uhm...
    dat site is of the actual seed bank..as in greenhouse itself..im pretty sure not a lot of people order from there..but its gotta be legit

5. Greenhouse def doesn't send to U.S., but there are many greenhouse distributors like sensibleseeds that do.

6. If they produce a real Bubba Kush seed I'd be a buyer, but that's an "if". A lot of people doubt Greenhouse although what I ordered of theirs was good and I'd order again but real Bubba and OG Kush? I'd wait to see some grow reports but I'm hopeful they get it done.

There was a strain by Knutsell(?), a breeder guy, called Kranial Kush that was Bubba x (Bubba x Yumbolt). That must have been a gem.

7. Im sure they be great strains.

But as for the ones that were clone only, they had to of bred other thing into them. So theres a high probability they will not be exactly the same as the clone.

I dint see OG kush on that list. I did see Kings Kush which I think is OG X Grape.

Ill try some of them for sure!!!

I wish they would get some new Grow Vids on You tube.

8. [quote name='Vader Haze']Im sure they be great strains.

But as for the ones that were clone only, they had to of bred other thing into them. So theres a high probability they will not be exactly the same as the clone.

This isn't completely true, which is why so many people are mad that greenhouse says they were clone only strains, when growers are growing them out and sayin they look nothing like the clone only's they were supposedly made from. There are treatments givin to female plants that make them produce male pollen sacs, which are then collected and used to pollinate a non altered clone. This makes 100% reverse feminized seeds that should resemble the clone only mom to a T. It's actually not that difficult, just a matter of using the right chemicals in the correct proportions at the correct time in growth. Just some food for the brain.

9. There is nothing else bred into them, Greenhouse selfs the clone, forces it to produce male flowers, this is why they will be all female. But when you self a strain, it rarely will look like the original clone. This is why no one has offered a lot of the clone-only's because selfing doesnt turn out like you think it would. And who knows if their source for the clone was good. They thought they had the real UK Cheese, but Buddha gave them his cheese, lol. Their is also some controversy on which cut of Trainwreck they got.

Im sort of wishy-washy on this, I want people to be able to get any strain they want, but I hate the way the Dutch take our American strains and butcher them. Make all the money on it and dont give credit to the original breeder.

Im sure the seeds will be great weed but I wouldnt count on it looking like the clone, just look at some of the grow threads in their forum on ICMag of Cheese and trainwreck, buds look great, but not like the original strain in clone form.

Im not gonna lie, Im probably gonna buy the Bubba, I can get cuts of OG and Chemdawg if I wanted to so I'll probably pass on them.

10. The is probably some of the most interesting weed talk i've ever heard underpantsman. As soon as people brought up the "clone only" argument I thought of the forced hermie feminized seeds that they make and was sure thats how they would do it, I did not realize that forced stress flowering like that would alter the original traits of the plant. Any chance that they plan on back crossing with a recessive plant to get very close original seeds?

11. Its not so much that it alters the original mom's traits as that it unlocks the other pheno's ion the strain. If you reverse afemale using STS or something similar, then pollinate an unaltered clone you get feminized seeds of that strain without breeding anything else into it. But this doesn't give you a copy of the parents used. When the strain was brought back into seed form in kinda unlocks the other recessive phenotypes hidden in the genes that only can be brought out by putting it back in seed form. A clone is clone, but when reversed feminized it will show variations, but it still should be variations of the clone moms. After growing out the GHS Trainwreck I def think they got a hybrid of some sorts-not pure arcata.(I do love it though)

12. hahahaha ookkk, i live in cali and grow, i have a med card and get clones

Og kush and all those other strains arn't THAT great, greenhouse puts out solid products but its funny what a name can make people do..

if it wasnt named that people wouldnt pop a boner over it...its a name... get Super Lemon Haze, or Alaskan Ice, or go old school with the og white widow or white rhino...

there just name guys dont bust a nut on yourselfs... :eek:

13. you gotta be kidding me, how do you think you get feminised seeds people? The seeds banks have a chemical to force them into hermaphrodites, then the male pollen pollenates the pistils, they die back and form a feminised seed. No break down in genetics, no loss of potency, nothing. I did it with light stress and it worked perfect. Had a clone in same closet which was kush and the cross looks just like the clone.

14. Good explanation.

When a clone is taken it not only has the same genes as the mother plant, it is the mother plant! well, a peice of it.

Biologically, When you create fem seeds you are once again going through the meiosis process which includes independent assortment and crossing over; where , in simple terms, the genes between the mother and father are combined to form the genetic sequence that will be used to dictate how the seedling grows.

Because the specific way meiosis happens (IA and crossing over) are unique in every case each seed can express every pheno possible in the genes.

If you grow a bunch out youll get the pheno youre looking for but they may not all be the same like clones.

15. The pics I've seen of their Trainwreck looks a lot like what I've seen from Cali. HUGE calyxes. As a matter of fact, I bought five TR seeds but I wound up storing them for a later date.

16. :hello:YES... FINALLY GREENHOUSE RELEASED THEM...:hello::eek:BUBBA KUSH.:eek: I live in so-cal, and just ordered mine from green-house via attitude seeds. Even though there are awesome clones in cali of the real deal, i want to pick a nice pheno from greenhouses genetics. They guarantee some awesome genetics from these seeds and I believe greenhouse. How could you not?Im sure from the 20 feminized I got Early on, im boound to make a mother plant pheno of the best bubble gum kush I have ever seen. These guys are the shit. i am sooooo excited who's with me?:wave:

17. ^^^ Not me. I ordered them and have high hopes but i just want to see what its going to produce. Im positive it'll make great bud but im not sure it'll be anything like the real bubba. but i got my fingers crossed ;)

I was very sad after growing the trainwreck. It was great weed but absolutly nothing like the real trainwreck

18. Dont buy from Greenhouse straight up, buy through a seedbank such as attitude.