Greenhouse seed co watering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lukegoneloco, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Has anyone tried the water schedule recommended by ghs where every two weeks on day 15 u flush and then day 16-21 u dry it out so the roots get tons of oxygen then rinse and repeat? Thinking about giving it a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Has anyone tried or suggest it or don't suggest it?

3. Never heard of it, but it sounds like somebody using way too much ferts. Franco and Dust are legit so I don't doubt what they may say, but I wouldn't think it's necessary. What line of nutes you using?

4. Roots organic, they say it's to get lots of oxygen to the roots to allow the plant to produce a bigger more dense yeild

5. I was wondering if it was some special GH line i hadn't heard of. Then no, there no need for that. Use air pots or smart pots if ya want o2 at the root zone. Just run the line as is and do a normal flush few weeks out. Stopping and flushing then starting back up seems counterproductive unless your in coco drain to waste maybe. It surely can't hurt but I'd be willing to bet you'd see deficiency. I have to double down some nute on certain plants. Flushing every 2 weeks would be extremely detrimental to those heavy feeders. Just my thoughts.

• Like Like x 1

6. In all of their grow videos they say it's their secret to big harvest and they do it on almost all strains, in soil and in hydro starts at 5:30 they talk about it

7. But what your saying makes sense as well

8. I think I might let it get extra dry but water it if the plant is telling me to

• Like Like x 1
  9. Anyone else have experience with this?

10. That's nothing new loco, old growers tricks bro. It does work. Plant don't like to sit in damp pots cus it causes root rot, fungus, molds, slows nute uptake and at its worst it can kill your plants. Think about it, unless you live in England or Seattle it doesn't rain that much and you wanna replicate nature as much as possible in your growing environment cus your god in that little world you've created. Stay Green

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. I've done it but not because it's a fad or a seed company told me too. An old grower showed me some cool tricks when I was younger and it doesn't starve your plants it leaches the nutrient salt buildup which will will enhance nutrient uptake and it doesn't rain a lot in most places anyway and outdoor grows do fine if not as well or better. Stay Green

• Like Like x 1
  12. Right, all you have to do is stick a finger a couple inches down into the soil for feel and watch the leaves. That simple

• Like Like x 1
  13. You won't be disappointed, but if something goes wrong you can always go back to your old ways but I encourage you to try it w/1 plant and you noticed the difference. Stay Green

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cool appreciate all the info. Def going to give it a go with one

15. I use smart pots I really find lifting and telling by weight is best for me. Can tell right away the level it's at

• Like Like x 1
  16. My organic soil is constantly moist.

So was my hydroponic garden for years.

With what you're saying, how on earth would a bubble bucket or hydroponic system do well? They are constantly moist as well.

"Plant don't like to sit in damp pots cus it causes root rot, fungus, molds, slows nute uptake and at its worst it can kill your plants"

Completely untrue.

J

• Like Like x 2
  17. They say to let your roots dry out and get oxygen in hydro

18. I think it's real. U guys act like if you pot isn't flooded with water for a day ur plant is going to die. Like we're not saying u never water again and I'm willing to bet if you look it up or try it yourself, ull see people swear by this And even do it through out the entire plants life. Plants go for ever with out water in nature at times and they do just right, even the boys from mendo dope who grow trees drought there plants a cpl times through out the grow. They swear by it.

19. The roots get oxygen in a hydro setup from the oxygen bubbles from airstones. If you are doing flood and drain, then they would get enough oxygen during the drain phase.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Right. Could you imagine what the plants would look like if the plants roots would be allowed to actually dry out In a flood and drain table or a large hydroponic Vegetable greenhouse? The plants would be dead in no time. It's not even possible to allow plant roots to dry in a bubble bucket for that matter.

Then there's organic soil which prefers constant steady moisture - not wet; just moist. Proper aeration/drainage takes care of any and all oxygen to plant roots and by allowing soil to actually dry out is detrimental because fine root hairs which take in nutrition also dry out and die. Sure, they grow back but why even allow this to happen in the first place.

I read a lot of stuff online - that sure doesn't mean I believe it.

My opinion - of course.

J

Edit: - probably the fastest growth I've ever seen was back when we were Hand watering (dry mixed w/ water and pH balanced) hydroponic nutrients 6-8 times a day in a 50/50 mixture of perlite & vermiculite.

Those plants sure werent drying out.

J

• Like Like x 2