Greenhouse pot size feeding and more.

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by Knowledgeispower1, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Hey guys although I have been reading forums like these for years I am new to actually being a part of them myself. I have been growing for about 9 years now and have my methods down pretty good. I specialize in indoor gardens and have successfully grown outdoors for 4 years now. But I have never done a greenhouse before. I have done only massive 200 gallon pots outside and normally use 3-5 gallon inside. I am always in search of more knowledge. With all the bs about me out of the way I would like to ask what people's opinions are on 65 gallon fabric pots. I have a 30'x50' light dep greenhouse that I am about to start my first run in. I'm doing 50 plants in soil. Air conditioners, heaters, dehumidifiers, and supplemental light (1000w de fixtures) are all a part of this grow. This grow is also 1.5 hours away from me. I don't mind the drive and am motivated to be there often. Thanks for reading!

2. The 65s are a nice pot size IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Sounds like an awesome start to me.

Be well...

4. I don't know if I would go with something that large in a greenhouse setting. But if you're planning on vegging your plant until it fills up that size container, you should definitely come out with a tree or some trees...depending on how many you do. The only time I've ever had good enough root development to actually fill a large container was with an outdoor grow and the sun as my light source. But as far as with the indoor growing, I've never used anything larger than a 5 gallon bucket and actually backed down from that to a tall #5 pot to flower in most of the time. It seems to be the correct amount of soil to finish the plant in inside. We use 1000 watt hps for flower and T5's for veg, but I would truly love to convert over to HID lighting for veg because it creates some stellar root development that I've never been able to get vegging with the CFLs. I just don't want to deal with having to create another ventilation system, in line fan, etc. set up for dealing with the heat because they're hot like the hps. All I can tell you is to give it a shot, but it's going to take a ton of time for a plant to even get a root system developed in a container that large. If you've got the time and are willing to wait it out, should produce some very large plants. I really don't like having my plants not near me. They require way too much attention to have to drive somewhere else to tend them and considering the rate of theft these days, seems like it would be pretty risky. But hey, you've been doing it for years so you know what will work and what won't in your area. Hope all goes well!! TWW

5. When you grow in pots that size it's not about filling the container with roots of a single plant. Either multiple plants or a no-till setup