Greenhouse flowering through winter months in Midwest

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by Popeye, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Does anyone have experience flowering through the winter in a greenhouse?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Heya Popeye,

First, you need to ensure that your plants will have sufficient light to flower. If you're in the US, check out this tool to see estimated Daily Light Integral (DLI) for your area for the months that you intend to grow in.

Story Map Series

The daily light integral is the sum total amount of photosynthetic photons that hit an area per day. A DLI of about 30-40 mol/m2/day is recommended to flower cannabis with about 20 being the minimum. Also keep in mind that greenhouse glazings will reduce light transmission to the crop. You can also use this info to figure out if you may need to supplement with artificial light and how much you will need.

This is another tool that can be used to model things like DLI and heating requirements in a greenhouse:

Virtual Grower 3 Model : USDA ARS

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. First off, hey man been a loong time. Been a while since I had the lab running. But life moved on and New opportunities led to a new setup. Mainly growing in greenhouse, but also starting next outdoor seasons crop indoors currently. Got a bit of a late start getting this year's round into the soil and along with some wonky weather they didn't get big at all, but still are flowering on par with their normal sisters. This greenhouse will actually become the seedling/cloning and mother room(during reg grow season and winter flowering room)and there will soon be 2 250 plant greenhouses installed by jan which will be the main grow area. Supplementing light with 6 led lights running only during normal sun hours. 20201116_143344.jpg 20201121_125244.jpg 20200929_153006.jpg 20201001_183852.jpg 20201001_145056.jpg

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app