greenhouse effect? a clear plastic bin over the plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by letsmokeasweet, Jan 16, 2011.

1. out of courosity i put a clear plastic bin over a plant about a week ago and i noitced it seems to be growing a little quiccker then the other ones so i was wondering if
    anyone else has tried this and what happen or if you know why it happened???????????????????????/

2. I saw over on another forum this guy put dirt in a plastic fruit juice bottle(clear of course) and let it grow until it reached the top of the bottle and then cut it at the dirt line. theres really no point of having a greenhouse effect when flowering, im sure that humidity is no good for buds. but it does help when its still a seedling so the bottle thing should work.

3. I did that last year with a couple of 2 liter soda bottles. just lay it on it's side, cut off enough of the end to put in dirt and seeds, then cut holes for drainage and rainwater in the top/bottom. It worked for a while but once the seedlings reached about 3-4 inches it became too small a space and they died. I plan to actually take them out of the container this year so they don't just suffocate.:p