Greenhacks Fall 2014 Slowly Expanding Grow Show

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by GreenHackTM, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Hey all, 

Well this will be my indoor grow journal for Fall of 2014.

Right now things are still a little hectic around here, moving out the rest of my girls for outdoor grow and currently have my indoor grow girls started germinating.

First I will be growing 'Northern Lights X Big Bud AUTO' This plant has been in germination for three days and I saw a root this morning so we should be seeing her pop very soon.

This will be grown from start to finish indoors, as she is a large producer and I want to get the most out of her, and not to mention I have enough plants outdoors right now that I am out of reasonable space.

The second girl germinating is 'CBD Critical' 

My plan for this grow is to finish out the Northern lights X Big Bud Auto while also Vegging the CBD critical. I will take clones from CBD critical and doing either Scrogging or using the SOG method. With the end result being a well trained mother plant who has more than one main cola, and is LST'ed properly while also taking clones from that mother plant and flowering them while flowering the mother ( I'll still be growing with the Server cases for right now)

2. Subbed up, am about to start a Northern Lights X Big Bud AUTO and Blue Cheese AUTO in a few weeks.
    Currently have my first few auto grows finishing at the moment, but want a better go at growing AUTO's.

First grow was normal photo white widow, but I rushed into my current 2nd with x2 AUTO's.

I've also heard some good things about the Northern Lights X Big Bud.

3. #3 GreenHackTM, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2014
    Oh yah man! Norther Lights big bud is an amazing producer and should be a good show, well my cbd critical is main show :)

-------------------------
    All of my advice comes from years of farming and green housing experience.

I'm a hacker, I'm a grower, I'm a stunt man. Live your life :)

4. Oh yah man! Norther Lights big bud is an amazing producer and should be a good show, well my cbd critical is main show :)

-------------------------
    All of my advice comes from years of farming and green housing experience.

I'm a hacker, I'm a grower, I'm a stunt man. Live your life :)

5. #5 GreenHackTM, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
    Auto northern lights X big bud

Day 7 from seed and day 2-3 from breaking ground. I wasn't here when she broke

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407900548.085879.jpg

CBD critical just broke soil a couple hours ago.

6. #6 GreenHackTM, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
    Adding some amendments to the leftover organic soil from previous grows today

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407968481.953098.jpg

Will be using this soil for my CBD critical clones

7. #7 GreenHackTM, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
    Cbd critical day 11 from seed

Day 7 from sprouting

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408425127.191094.jpg

Big bud northern lights

14 days from seed

Day 9 from sprouting

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408425199.640926.jpg

8. looks good man, can't wait to get the show rolling

9. what's your light set up for this girl? 

10. Both girls have 45 watt full spec LED in each of the cases.

My hope is to be running 300 watt LED system very soon

11. #11 Guerilla King, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
    I'm really thinking about starting a LED grow. Tech is getting better and better every day. I'm just worried about the actual savings. what would 300 watts of led run you?

Power is charged at .15 here. The three 600 watters are eatin my lunch in power and I haven't even finished my set up :/

12. The savings are worth the price of the lights. The node space on your plants is astounding and there is very little heat dispersion from the lights.

300 watt led system will run me around 2-300 for a good LED system.

13. I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I'm worried about my electric bill. I know how much the LEDs cost just don't know how much I would be saving compared to the hps on my light bill. I know the benefits but there is always controversy of the actual savings on electric bill. 

14. Well my electric bill about $57 a month more with two sets of 45 watt led lights.

So... I will tell you this, it does save electricity cost and let's throw in the fact that you have very little heat coming from these lights so that means your grow room won't be turning your AC on all the time in the summer

15. Wow that's not much savings at all. I spend 25.20 per 600 watt hps for 10 hrs a day. I only use two box fans and the ac is always on in the summer. I just set it at 77 and it runs non stop 12-4 so it's not that bad. I might add one or two for added spectrum.

16. All I can tell you is that is a cost of 30 days running for 20/4 light cycle.

I will never go to any other lighting system after using LED's: main reason is no heat stress for my plants, less space between nodes= more bud growth etc etc

Other light systems are good but I prefer LED. Not trying to argue ha

17. Critical day 15 from seed
    Day 11 from sprouting

Critical appears to be growing at a faster rate than big bud northern

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408845119.084241.jpg

Northern lights big bud day 18 from seed
    Day 13 from sprouting

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408845160.983286.jpg

18. #18 GreenHackTM, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
    Did a transplant for Critical today, transplanted to the one gallon smart pot for right now, will do another transplant in three weeks possibly sooner.

I am very, very impressed with this strain. The leaf growth, stem strength, and overall performance of Critical!

Critical had/has a great rootball 😏

Critical, Day 15 from sprouting:

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409164221.534838.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409164251.917371.jpg

Northern big bud, day 22 from seed, day 17 from sprouting

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409164287.467683.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409164389.900775.jpg

19. Big bud northern 25 days from sprouting

She showed her pistols a couple of days ago

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409628102.023229.jpg

Critical day 22 from sprouting

I just finished topping her

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409628160.889324.jpg

Here's the part I took off of her

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409628239.722517.jpg

Sorry I didn't take a picture before topping lol

20. looks good i just took a clone off of my girl, ill be making fem seeds with. What method are you using to clone with?