Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Green Oil Machine clone

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by bkarnaze, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Do you purchase non-denatured alcohol online somewhere or do you use Everclear?

I currently use Everclear, but I read somewhere that it has sugars and peppermint in it which aren't completely a dealbreaker, but I suppose they are undesirable.

2. I don't believe everclear contains anything but water and alcohol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I don't remember where I saw that. I just Googled it though and couldn't find it. I did find something that said there's no sugar in it.

Any other tips or tricks to keep in mind for this machine?

I was attempting to use it as an ethanol bath for some BHO that still has butane in it. I used the machine to try to heat up the material and boil off the butane at about 45 degrees celsius. Then I gave it the alcohol bath and froze it for 48 hours like the page suggested. That helped to get pretty much all of the wax out after I filtered it through a coffee filter and strained it through 2 more.

Then I put it in this and tried to cook off the alcohol, but I did it way too low and slow and didn't get any alcohol back. But after air evaporating some of the alcohol and then putting it back in I got some pretty nice CO2 like consistency oil. But I feel like I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

4. Wrong.
    I've done this many many times and you really need to decarb first as once submerged in oil it takes far longer to fully decarb. Just something I've learned the hard way enough times for it to finally sink into my brain. "Ohh crap another weak ass batch of oil because I didn't do a proper decarb. SHIT !!!!"
    So always decarb everything intended to be eaten or drunk or topically applied if you want the "Stone".

240 F for 40 minutes.

[​IMG]

Some parts of my puzzle are here. 2 bottle of finished tincture One Frozen bottle of 190 about to make tincture from.
    A half gallon mason jar full of bud scraps. A quart jar with wet about to be squeezed weed-alcohol. The White tool in the pot is the Potato Ricer. Far right is the pot still.
    [​IMG]
    Pot still is in the cardboard box to keep the wind off.
    I run about a gallon of alcohol tincture at a time so the 3 gallon pot still works well for it.
    Fountain pump in the green bucket keeps a water flow into the condenser bucket but it does heat enough that I change the water about 3-4 times to get the run done.
    Kettle has a temp gauge that makes it easy to know when the end is near. Besides I add 2 cups of water to keep the tar in suspension while distilling. When the temps climbs past 81C the crystal clear output will cloud as the first of the water comes out. Stop and evap with fan the remains.

Running the kettle dry was a fail as the tar was overheated and hard as hell to remove without a cup of alcohol and that put me at a loss again.
    Looked, Asked and Read all I could and in the end I went with the old know it works tech.
    Very ID10T proof and always works as expected.
    Recovery is about 80% as I still don't have a nice way to get 100% tincture alcohol out of the weed. All I can deal with is small loads in the Potato Ricer..
    Hmm I do have the 5 ton axel press. LOL
    Was just over $100.00. Had the hot plate but now use the propane camp stove.
    Akkkkkk reads like I'm stoned off my ass. Hope it makes more sense to you then it does to me at the moment.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  5. Correct.
    Here is an easy first run. Distill water in it as the directions likely said to clean out any manufacturing debris and oils.
    Next run a bottle of 151 and try and stop just when the water starts. Keep emptying the receiver container as you get near the end of the run.
    Now you'll know what to expect from the machine.
    BNW

6. Are you saying to use water first? I hadn't seen that as a step. I just put the oil with the butane in the pot.

And are you saying to use 151 instead of Everclear, or to start with Everclear and then do a second run in 151?

Sorry I know it sound like I'm lost, but I'm just trying to make sure I understand what you're saying.

7. I ment to do a clean out run of just water. I know my pot kettle said to run a initial clean out cycle before distilling for real. Just a suggestion to get to know the machine.

EverClear comes in a few different Ratios depending on State or local laws.
    190 proof = Best
    151 proof = Useable
    120 proof = The shit sold now in California.

If you have 190 available ignore this. If your working with 151 or 120 distill for higher proof.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ahhhh, I don't know why, but anytime I hear somebody say 151 I'm assuming they're talking about Bacardi? lol
    And I'm thinking, why the hell does Rum work? That makes a lot more sense.
    (I'm gonna go see if I still have an empty bottle).

I didn't but I called the store. Here in New Mexico we have 190 proof. It's been doing a great job. I'm a bit embarrassed to say I didn't know I needed this level of quality, but happy that i accidentally already was using it.

• Like Like x 1