Green mold/mildew on my root riot cube

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Chadsm23, May 1, 2010.

1. Hey all,

just came back from Cali (gone for 3 days) and I noticed a little green mold on my root riot cube...My seedling still looks healthy, its just the cube that has turned green...

Is this normal, why did it occur, and how do I combat it!

Thanks people!

Chad

420 For Life:smoking:

2. My guess is that it is some type of algae (can't say for sure without pictures tho). You can get rid of algae with an algaecide.

There are many companies that produce them. Just make sure that the one that you choose is recommended for hydro systems, or at least says safe for use on plants/roots.

• Like Like x 1
  3. that can be avoided by simply adding a couple drops of proxide in your water when you soak your rockwool or even jiffy pellets
    so cheers a simple fix

• Like Like x 1
  4. Have you ever tried using provide on root riot cubes after roots sprouted? Because I notice a little white slime on on of my rr cubes today, it might from using "not" fresh water that I adjusted the ph with general hydroponics ph down (white slime is kinda common using GH ph down)

5. Sorry about the typo I meant peroxide NOT provide..anyways as a follow up I used it (peroxide) in weak solution and cleared the slime up and did not hurt the roots..I have since transplanted into clear cups and roots look great. I will try and attach a before and after pictures later from my phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Algae isn't really harmful just the fact that is consumes nitrogen and oxygen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk