green light

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by crippledkiller, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Found a green party bulb but its a cfl pig tail one do you think that would work or would it put it back in to fegg

2. I doubt it bro. How many watts is it? I might help a little bit but I dont think very much

3. Green light does not aid in plant growth. In fact, a lot of people use green lights to work in their flowering room when they switch to 12/12, because it doesn't mess with the light cycle.

4. That's what I'm going to use it for...working in the tent when lights are off I was just wondering if its ok to use a cfl green light or do it have to be a incandescent green light

5. No. There's a difference between green light and a green light. That bulb is basically a regular CFL with a green coating on the outside, that doesn't change the spectrum of all the light to green.

Remember that humans perceive light, we don't experience it directly the way plants do. Our eyes see what we think is white light, but pass that through a prism and you see, literally, that all the colors of the rainbow are in there. We can't see the colors when they are blended together, we perceive the combination as something else. By the same token, that green-coated bulb can be putting out light in other colors besides green that we can't see but the plant can.

What you need is pure green light, but honestly the very best answer here is to just leave the dark period totally dark. You have 12 out of every 24 hours where the light is on, that should be plenty of time during which to tend to your plants and not take the risk of exposing them to any kind of light during the dark cycle. If the plants are not on a schedule that works for you, you can adjust the schedule so that it does.