Green Light

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LilDize, Feb 23, 2011.

1. is it true that you can work with your plants during the dark period if youre working in a green lit room?

2. It depends, but consider that the answer is no.

MJ can't really "see" much of green light, but it can see a little. However, this really isn't the issue. The issue is that what looks green to our eyes usually is in fact the combination of many different spectra, some of which can be seen by MJ. Remember that we perceive light, we don't experience it directly the same way plants do. So in particular, using a green party bulb isn't green light, it's a regular light passing through a green coating, and that can mess up your plants big time.

Possibly if you were using a green-only LED or some other special light designed for this purpose. But even more to the point, you have 12 hours of light out of every 24 and you can set your plant's schedule to work with your own, so there's plenty of time during lights-on to tend to your plants. Leave the dark cycle dark.

3. exactly what toasty said. I use a green light in the same room that my tent is in so if i have to go in there to grab something it wont disturb there dark period. But then again i never open the tent when the lights are off

4. okay so really never disturb its dark period w/ any light but in cases of emergency using a green light would be the best option if you had to? Great! thx for replies. i wuz a little curious cuz ive seen a couple posts where someone wuz saying that they used "green lights" to work w/ theyre plants/ grow room during a dark period. might just be one of those controversial things. i agree that you should never disturb your plant during dark period though!