green light during flowering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ixoye1025, May 11, 2012.

1. I was wondering how good or bad the green LED head lamps are for spying on your girls during lights out period? They have one for about 20 bucks at my grow store

2. Some people use a green light but its best to just not mess with them during lights out.

3. this is exactly what i was going to say......almost word for word.

-OSUB

4. I read from a well known gardening book that green wont affect the plants at all..

5. It's a good thing to have around in case you really do need it.

"FML I left the car keys in the grow room, now it's lights out and I need to get to work." :eek:

Weird, but, well, weird stuff happens.

I wouldn't make a habit of checking them out, just out of idle curiosity, during lights out.

6. That would be an exaggeration on the author's part. The green chlorophyll doesn't reflect absolutely 100% of all green light it encounters and there are other portions of photosynthetic systems that make use of green light to a greater extent. Even more relevant is that the light from commonly available green bulbs is not entirely devoid of other electromagnetic wavelengths.

7. what he is saying is a green lights spectrum is wide wnough to fuck your plants up still i dont use one myself i just setup my light scedule for my scedule i work alot 10-12 hrs a day so my lights pretty much go off about the time i go to work and they come on about and hour after i get home hope this helps:cool:

8. green light bulbs dont only emit green light because thats all you visibly see - they emit lots of other colors on the spectrum other than green.

what would be BETTER than a green light would be to turn a lightbulb on in another room, keep your door open to your grow room and try to work on it like that....with a light on in another room, only allowing a tiny amount of light in.

the less foot candles (or light intensity) the better.

-OSUB

9. It would seem that when you arrive at a low enough candle watt of light you would hardly make it worth your while to actually attempt to work in your grow room.

This is directed at OP:

What is wrong with the twelve hours of light they get that you cannot work on them in that HALF of the day?

I know that peeps will tell you that indoors you should do this and that in the dark but in reality there is nothing that actually MUST be done in the dark.

Here is the list of things I do during the light period.

water
    tend
    trim
    use nutes
    use things like azamax (of course I do not do this under lights but remove the plant and put in a tub to spray then dry it with fans before returning it. I have never had mold or anything like this but I am careful to keep air moving on them 24/7 for as many days as they live. They are 100% of the time moving from wind in the areas. By they way keeping them moving constantly at a high enough wind velocity will keep mites from being able to actually build webbing on your plants. They may be there but the webs will not hold up to a decent breeze very well.

If you are just curious and want peaks at them without the light on open your area about 5 minutes before the light comes on or keep it open a few minutes after it is extinguished for the cycle. There is still a small chance of stress but I have never witnessed an issue doing this in 15 years.

Do yourself the favor and don't waste your 20 dollars and use the other 12 hours of the day.

10. ^This. Leave the dark dark.

^And this. Your "green light" might not be all truly green, and the plant could be sensitive to it even if it is. Not worth taking a risk, you have 12 out of every 24 hours when the lights are on to tend to your plants.