green light during dark cycle?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by drtask, May 30, 2007.

1. i was watching How High earlier, and noticed how Sylus uses green lights on the plants that are not under the light cycle. I connected this to another similar situation but in Weeds, the TV show. so i got to thinking.... could this green light help with not having to be completely dark? since plants cant use green light, they reflect it, if they are completely consumed by this green light, that would mean all other light would not get photosynthesized, and if so, very little photosynthesis would occur, thus eliminating the issue of complete darkness. i was wondering if anyone had experimented with something like this? and if so, what were your findings? i may try this on my next indoor grow. any other ideas?

2. if i remeber right the green light is so you can work in the grow room during the night cycle

3. he is right, if you need to enter your grow area during the lights off cycle, use green light bulbs to see what your doing, plants cant use green light, but still try to minimize the time of the green lights being on.

4. ok cool. thats what i was thinking, i just wasnt sure if i was correct in my assumptions.