Green House Seed Co.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CannaClay, Aug 11, 2013.

1. I really did not want to post this in the seed bank forum but this really isn't a about seed banks its about the breeders.

So there is a lot of controversy over GHS.  And A LOT of people on GC talk about them like they are an inferior breeder and there gear sucks...  Mainly because people talking about getting hermies with their femmed seeds.
    Just looking at the GHS you can tell that they pick them ASAP to get a buck instead of fully letting them mature like mandala for instance. Those seeds are huge!!! 
    But regardless I think GHS has some great genetics and some not so great but for the most part if you treat your girls right they will turn out great.

My buddy has ran a whole slew of GHS femmed strains in DWC under a 1000w light at 73*F and has NEVER had one hermie!!!

SOooo in conclusion I believe that 99.9% of the time that people are getting hermies from GHS they either have stressed their plant from low light conditions and not properly utilizing their "light footprint" or they probably stressed them from heat by running at 78-80*F or higher...

I banking on the theory that since these seed lines have been indoors for multiple, multiple generations that they probably just want to run at the optimum conditions that are similar to GHS multi million dollar facilities.  Which can be hard but if you do it(1000w and temps as low as 73*F steady throughout the day) then you will have some great results.

Would anyone please care to elaborate on my thoughts or knock them?

2. I don't have any experience with GHS but have heard many good things about Arjan. My only experience with legit genetics is Seedsman seed co. which ended up yielding me a decent amount but took most of my 5 beans just to get them to germ. I agree with that you need to establish a environment that has optimum conditions in order to pull off very successful grows. The big guns have all their environmental factors dialed and locked in IMO.

3. It's 50/50 with me... I think GHS has a huge variety of genetics but they operate like they want that quick buck...

4. #4 Doc-J, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    Ghs gets a bad name mainly because they are hacks that simply steal other peoples genetics and sell off f2 hybrids. Some do have good luck with them though.

5. #5 Shiva Blaster, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
    I have never grown any GHS strains, and have read all the things wrong with them.   I wouldn't refuse to grow a great strain just because it was from GHS.....I don't feel that strongly about it.    They have some strains, like Super Lemen Haze and Super Silver Haze that are widely known to be amazing strains.   I haven't read one post from anyone saying that they grew out the SLH and were unhappy.    For that reason, I'll likely include it on my next grow.

6. Watched a CNN documentary today about them. They just left Columbia with three land-race strands.

Punts Roja, Colombian Gold, and Limon Verde, I wanna say.

I don't see where the controversy arises. They seem like pioneers with what they do, I can't hate

7. Only grown Super Lemon Haze and they turned out really nice. Been to their coffeeshop in the dam and it wasn't my favorite but it wasn't the worst either.

Think these guys are about profits more than other breeders and get a bad rep for it. I really don't care about their mission as long as their product is quality. I have limited experience with that one strain though. Gotta say the strain hunters idea is pretty cool regardless of what you think about them.

8. They have controversy with the respected breeder Mr. Nice who used to work with GHS until he decided he did not like how greedy they were so he broke away to make his own company

9. Grown GreenHouse Seed Co. beans a few times and never had any problems always great plants never any problems, one of my white widow female seeds got polinated my a mr nice guy purple and I have been growing this lovely purple widow hybrid for the last three crops, I dont like DNA i got some hermies from a batch of kushberry seeds three years ago was quite pissed wasted alot of time.