*Green Hit's 150HPS FoxFarm Op*

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Green_Hit420, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Dude, that's actually a really good idea. Plus with the containers not being so big in circumference, but being deeper, I would think that the nutrients would get distributed better? I may just be high, but it makes sense to me right now.

Edit:let me know if this could cause problems,please

2. Great idea with the PVC veneers :hello: I love working with that stuff, it's like a dream material sometimes. Only downside to 8" is that it can be expensive, I had sticker shock as I was in Lowes one day getting ideas together.

Some more ideas to complicate your decision making process - grow bags may work for you, they have them in 3 gal sizes but not sure on the circumference, but you can set it how you like. Also rose buckets may work, likethis one HTG Supply (who I highly recommend for anything). They have the grow bags too, I like the white ones.

I still like the PVC idea though... :p

3. #103 Green_Hit420, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2010
    The little ones under the hps. There's a couple runts that I'm beginning to think aren't going to amount to much. Which works out fine since I only need two keepers out of the mix of six.
    pt.JPG

Oh, and what do we have here? A Rebelution grow light??lol:D
    rs2.JPG

And..... the full shot.
    rs.jpg

4. #104 Green_Hit420, Jan 16, 2010
    Question:

Is there a big difference in bottled water?

Are there any advantages using spring water over distilled water or nursery water by gerber over either?
    Anybody run tests on this????:confused:

5. My .02 on bottled water - I just look at the ppm, and I test every bottle I get my hands on LOL Seems like spring usually has some dissolved solids, usually 30ppm or less, but most that say "purified" on there somewhere (even the cheap stuff) have 5ppm or less. Distilled you can't go wrong, and of course RO. I've started using distilled or whatever's on sale for my vegging plants, flowering they get aired tap.

As for Gerber or other fancy waters with electrolytes or whatever - I have no idea. Usually too expensive for me :p

6. Thanks for the input Ed. I've already stocked up on distilled water, I was just wondering if I could have made a more informed decision. :eek:

What's the advantage of you switching your water come flowering time?

7. Try getting a brita water filter, just fill it up with tap water and it PH is always 7 so its so easy to use.

8. Well the way I figure, I feed them 300-600ppm for the first few weeks. My tap water is coming out 212ppm, so that's a big chunk of the mix filled with crap I don't really know what it is, or I add all the nutes and risk burning them. Honestly it hasn't caused me any problems, but I'm a little more cautious with these expensive ass seeds I'm growing now LOL I want them to do good.

In flowering it's like 800-1200 ppm, so I'm not too concerned with the 212 in the tap. Especially as hungry as my current flowering bitch is LOL

9. I just had little episode with the brita filter LOL It dropped my ph to 6.4 (as well as filtered out 50-60ppm from the tap which is good), but the ph crept back up to 7.5 within 24 hours and kept rising over the next day or two. Totally threw off the ph of my medium and made it alkaline. Luckily I caught it pretty fast & flushed.

I switched to distilled after that, but I'd use the brita water it after letting it sit for a few days after filtering it.

10. I see, well being that I'm only going to be keeping two females (hopefully), I will stick with my distilled the entire grow probably. I'm not really stressin over the $10 a month on water. That's like not goin through the drive through to get lunch once a month:smoke:

11. #111 Green_Hit420, Jan 16, 2010
    My light has been lowered as of a few minutes ago.
    You'll notice a tube of fly paper sitting in the intake. This is just a precaution. As is the sticky mouse trap pad I keep outside the cab infront of the intake. Again, just a precaution. I will keep no prisoners in my war against pests.

I love all creatures, but if you get close enough to my box to get stuck in my sticky traps, IT'S TIME TO DIE.

S7301571.JPG

Here's a closeup of #1.

S7301575.JPG

EDIT: didn't realize it, but with nothing to scale this picture^^ the plant looks really small.
    I will keep this in mind from now on.

12. yeah, I know Im quoting a day or two back ;)

your babies look fine, so thats why.

if you go deeper and not very wide, you may not get "as much" side branching. in that style of setup though, thats probably considered an advantage :D

there are a lot of micro-growers out there that use similar pot sizes in their sea of green setups

13. Perhaps one big pot with one plant lst'd out?

14. Ed, you obviously have way more experience than me but just to throw my .02 in if I could. Generally bottled water has a higher amount of salts/sodium in it than tap water. I know that sounds crazy but I believe it's true.

15. #115 AskEd, Jan 16, 2010
    I feel you on the distilled water green - for two plants it's the way to go, and especially the pests! I have a curse with mites and that's the main reason I'm sworn off soil indoors (not to say others will get hit), I get hit everytime :mad: I have some neem oil on stand by just incase.

Hey DIY - I don't doubt the high sodium content in bottled except for distilled & RO, they are stripped of just about everything. With tap you can get a report from your municipal station and it'll say exactly what's in the water, scary stuff!

16. Great journal, really thorough information and by the looks of it the setup is going to give you great results.

This might be a bit of topic, but....

Do you ever go to parties and there is someone there who is talking about growing cannabis and all of a sudden starts to tell you how its done? Went to a party last night and there was this dude who was telling ME how to grow. He knew nothing about it and didnt know I have been a grower for the last 20 years. I just sat there and smiled. When we left a mate of mine who knows I grow asked me why I didn't set him straight, and I said that it isn't very smart to advertise that I grow for numerous reasons.

Have you ever had this happen to you?

17. Welcome Reggie, and yes that has happened to me as a matter of fact. My tongue still hurts from biting it so hard.:D

I usually just respond with, "you have to abide by the rules, and you just broke the first one by telling me" they are always like "well you aren't going to tell anybody" and I say, "that's beside the point":D

You can never be to carefull. Avoid drinking heavily, because, the most rational, carefull person can sometimes slip up when good and drunk.
    In my mind, once you let one person know, the proverbial cat is outta the bag. So keep everyone at arms reach, and yourself out of those icy cold steel bracelets.

Peace:wave:

18. I like the ones that give out crazy tips with total confidence LOL "Yeah dude, if you pour your bong water into the soil it'll make your buds come out stronger - true fact man..."

19. I've heard'em all. Blacklights, heatlamps, human piss or saliva. It never gets old. The funniest thing about it is they ALSO usually claim they ALWAYS have the BEST herb, and TONS of it.

On another note,
    Today is watering day I think. I'll be up till about 4am, so if they haven't started to droop by then, they gonna get watered anyway, since I'll be passed out for about 10-12 hours probably.lol:smoking:

20. #120 k status, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2010

sorry for not responding ive been away, i'm currently using roots organic soil, it really makes me like dirt.
    i also use all their bloom products bloom, hpk, trinity, and hp2, it's loaded with bat guano, seaweed, all that good organic stuff.

btw ur grow is lookin solid. nice work.