Green flame torch lighter

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by DeglazeThatPan, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Just got home from an awesome Spring Break in Italy/Spain

Bought this sweet wood pipe and a blue/silver torch lighter that flashes :smoking: haha

What I didn't know was that the lighter actually had a green flame! :eek:

Is this thing safe to smoke with? Because obviously it burns with some sort of chemical..

Help?

2. pics?

depends. most likely it's just something added to the flame to color it.

3. Its just a different kind of butane for it, not sure if it's harmful or not, I've smoked with a lighter with a green flame before and it didn't give me any negative side effects that I know of. Most likely it's just an additive in the butane that gets burned away by the flame and that's why it burns green.

4. #4 DeglazeThatPan, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2009
    OK here are some pics

(In order)

1. Both pipe and lighter (front)
    2.lighter (back)
    3.lighter (open and flashing)
    4.lighter (lit)
    5. The little thing that gets red hot and make the flame turn green (while still hot)

The flame STARTS normal colored and when it starts to burn this little ball it turns green...if that helps

Attached Files:

5. first off +rep

second, im sure you're going to be fine. I have a a few lighters that emit different colors and I'm still alive (but for how much longer? *knock on wood*)

6. Thanks for the +rep

it's a really cool lighter....I was pretty sure I was gonna be fine...I mean it can't be THAT bad for you if there was a whole rack of them being sold. And obviously other people have colored flame lighters...I was just thinking it was probably copper or something being burned and just couldn't imagine that being too safe..

Oh well....I need to break my pipe in soon :D

7. I had one. It's safe.

8. holy shit thats a badass lighter, +rep

9. its just a little piece of copper that paints the flame, i dont know if it is toxic but it looks very cool

10. Thanks guys

and yeah it was like 10 euro and SO worth it. It's the nicest lighter I've ever had I think...lol I REALLY hope I don't lose it...

I have pretty much decided in my head that i am using it no matter what, how bad could that little piece of metal fuck up my lungs, right? I haven't ever heard anyone else complain about green flame, so I assume it is safe...

11. #11 Peppie, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2009
    That's the attitude: if you have to die, die with a green flame super-heating shards of copper into your lungs :D

12. yea, it's safe.

You might be inhaling the same amount of copper as is you were walking past a construction site. It's so insignificant that you have nothing to worry about.

13. i used to have one of those. Im not sure how safe they are to smoke with, but i guess its best to light joints with it if anything. If you wanna play it safe try not to use it with any pieces like your pipe and a bong..youd prob just end up torching the bowl anyways.

14. "thats the motherfucking green saber"

I don't know about that hinge lid thing, does it get in the way of lighting bongs or anything?

Sweet lighter though

15. You can either heat ammonium chloride and boric acid crystals or copper to create a green flame.

Either way it is not recommended to inhale either resulting vapors.

With Cigs it's not gonna make a big difference, with MJ you shouldn't be holding the flame on to your weed while inhaling.

16. think guys, it is obviously geared toward marijuana users, the majority of whom use pipes.. would they really sell something that would hurt you just for looks?

17. Yeah, i kinda figured it is such a small flame it couldn't POSSIBLY be enough to KILL me or do any SERIOUS damage...I feel like these things are regulated right?

Either way, these things are so hot you never need to get the flame very close to whatever you are sparking up.

Thanks for all the responses guys...Any else have any weird colored lighrers?

18. awesome man i have one similar to that
    i also have one with a ganj leaf on it, the leaf turns red when you click the lighter
    its sweet

congrays man

19. dude its prob just a light in the tip, where the flame is, but ur 2 high 2 relize it...

20. yeah unless you like suck in mad butane youll be fine man. Congrats on that dank ass lighter too, beats the shit out of a bic